India to be $2 Trillion economy by 2014-15

India will be a $2-trillion economy in the next five years as its GDP growth is likely to average at 12 percent in nominal terms powered by a huge consumption demand, Enam Securities has said.

"India's GDP is likely to grow at (an) average 12 percent in nominal terms. Hence, India will be a $2 trillion economy by 2014-15," said Enam Securities Head-Research, Nandan Chakraborty, and Economist Sachchidanand Shukla in a report titled India Strategy.

This growth will be led by the huge consumption demand in sectors like FMCG, power, auto (small car hub), IT and pharma. The brokerage firm said that insurance companies, financial services and equity markets will flourish as the country's annual savings pool grows to $700 billion from $400 billion at present.

"More than half of this ($700 billion) could flow into financial savings. With favourable demographics and average seven percent real growth, India can sustain more than 30 percent savings rate akin to the Asian tigers, or China and Japan. This will transform the domestic financial services space," said Enam.

Life insurance penetration in India, which is already a USD one-trillion economy, is estimated to reach a level of 4.4 percent over the next two years as insurance companies focus on expanding into rural India, the report said.

source:- silicon india

Replies

• sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    This news is really very encouraging for the sentiments of the current economic scenario

India is poised to grow at a much greater speed than it is doing currently, given the current penetration in the domestic market, increasing demands, huge consumer number, rising wages, increasing exposure and the spread of education to greater depth of the society.

All these factors are very encouraging and tempting for the companies around the world who are starving for demand and consumers to come to India and be a part of this flourishing economy to reap in profits. In turn, they will bring more forex reserves and employment opportunities.

Hope the bulls of the stock markets are listening to this.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can anyone explain why the diesel engine is heavier than petrol engine..
Check out this :- The Economic Times - Reader's Opinions
Please help me. I have not received my offline GATE acknowledgement card and I fear about it. Can I track it somewhere. Please do reply. Vibhor Mittal
hi guys, i am new to data warehousing, i want to know what exactly is xmla in data warehousing? and from where can i learn more about it, i am...
Hi, I am B.Tech student 3rd year IT and looking for summer training for 6-8 weeks during the months of may to july 2010 in Bangalore. Please let me know...