India rank ninth in science and technology output

with India's science and technology systems output growing 12 percent, the country now rank ninth in the world's science and technology map, revealed union minister of state for science and technology Prithviraj Chavan recently.India has overtaken Spain by moving one rank up from the last year's rating. The country was ranked 15th in science and technology output in 2002.
The government is looking at science to create wealth and employment for the country and the next ten years have been dedicated to innovation in science and technology.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Whats the source of this news? I wonder whether India is really at #9.
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    I read this article in the Magazine - ELECTRONICS FOR YOU.:smile:
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    I want to particularly know what is scenario of research in basic sciences ??, secondly,ground realty does not confirm this claims,there very few research center and university who are doing quality research.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have a labtop HP pavilion dv1000 I did fromat for it but I couldn't find a driver for audio I hope to find the solution here โ€‹
Hi friends, Can any one tell me what is Microprocessor Simulator? What is the use of it? ๐Ÿ˜
Advanced SystemCare PRO will be given away for 72 hours to celebrate its 5th birthday IObit / May 14, 2009 - From May 17 to May 19, IObit will give...
I wonder whether anyone has considered coming up with a solution for the high memory usage problem. Firefox uses more memory than its rivals (Chrome, Opera). Anyone?
Wishing many happy returns of the day to CEan- Just2Rock. HaPPy Birthday, J2R! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜