India less corrupt than neighbours

India is in a better position than its neighbours, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh when it comes to corruption. The latest CPI index ranks India on number 84 out of 180, where the least corrupt is at number one.

What's your take on this ceans?

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    84 :evil: nothing to cheer about... even if we are far ahead of our neighbours.

-CB
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Yes yes, 84 is not at all a good place!!

Goyal could you let us know on what basis these rankings are given? Just curious to know.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    source
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    yeah being at 84th place, it is obvious india is in a bad position....๐Ÿ˜”

but we cannot act like saints too .... in fact the citizens are also responsible as they don't mind giving something away to get a job done.... and whoa there is corruption in its full form.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    But my thought has changed now...
    actually My assumption was that India is at top position in corruption..infact i had a debate on this topic with my friends.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    84 is not a good place to be, but it's better than how we were previously. And that has to be appreciated..

What this means is that there are only 83 (!!) countries that are better than us when it comes to corruption.

Some effective policies and a good check upon corrupt practices can easily make us one of the foremost corruption free countries, I'm sure.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    I don't think any policy will be effective in Punjab...especially Punjab Police...most corrupted People
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    hahaha .. do you have any incidents to support that Goyal? I am sure we CEans would be happy to share our experiences.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    what you are talking about incident?I can show you live ..all the punjab police men are fatty guys?That clearly indicates how much they eat I hope you got my point..what they eat?
    starting from sp to constable
    every one is fully corrupted..
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    ๐Ÿ˜

This is a serious matter being at 84th place is not at all good Our comparison is not with Pakistan or any other country but our comparison is with ourselves

The illeffects are far more dreadful than the statistics can tell.

Everywhere not only in Punjab Corruption has fixed its roots with Fevicol and you must have heard that "Fevicol ka jod hai tootega nai"

The illeffects of Corruption are visible in the restricted economic growth, crimes, unavailability of funds inspite of having bags full but all inside the Swiss Bank accounts of the ministers and there are numerous to speak about.

It is now in the hands of youth where they want to take the nation follow the footprints of their aged ministers or set forth a benchmark to come forward and inspire a war against corruption or any other social evil that has for the past so many years stopped India from reaching the heights it was supposed to be.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I had to pay bribe of Rs. 100 because the concerned policeman said he won't process the application and it may take 'indefinite' time for the application to get through. ๐Ÿ˜

That was years ago though. Today, I look back and regret it. I'd have complained to the senior officials.

---------------------
    At Airport, few days ago, at the time of getting the boarding passes; I found a man (passenger) arguing with the airline attendant. The attendant had charged him few hundred rupees and the passenger was asking him to 'settle' it.

As long as the educated people encourage corruption, there's no end to it.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Very Bad about this. Not Only in particular part, Corruption has seen in every place and in every field. But, Mostly Policemen was seen in these cases. And Especially the Government Servants addicted to it. WE, the Educated people don't encourage corruption. Complaint to Higher Officials.

Even in the Court, the corruption became a usual thing. Daily, I am seeing.
  • AshNZ
    AshNZ
    Imagine what I have to go through when I visit India (highly corrupt) from NZ (least corrupt according to the survey). Luckily, my dealings with corrupt officials start and end at the Delhi airport.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Why dont you share your experiences with our CEans AshNZ?
  • AshNZ
    AshNZ
    Well last time I went to India, I wanted to take a bottle of whiskey for a close friend of mine. My dad told me I would never get it past the officials at the Delhi airport and he advised that I take two bottles. Sure enough when I got to Delhi, they didn't let me through unless I gave them the second bottle!

Anyway since we are on the subject, a contact of mine runs an anti-corruption program in Chennai. He's doing a very admirable job and they've been in the press quite a few times. I suggest you check out their website: #-Link-Snipped-#.. they're always looking for volunteers in Chennai and Delhi.
  • Vega
    Vega
    WHy do we compare India with it's neighbours ? Maybe India is less corrupt than them ! But those countries are not something we should look up to ! To excel the new heights and to progress one has to look up at those who are above us !

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I need to bye a 2 gb DDR2 ram. I have already 1 gb ram of transcend. My shopkeeper says that there is no transcend ram available in the...
This is the tri series between the three teams ๐Ÿ˜€ First one is already over. SL vs BAN SL won in style. Dilshan made a century ๐Ÿ˜€
The Java Remote Method Invocation (RMI) system allows an object running in one Java virtual machine to invoke methods on an object running in another Java virtual machine. But Is...
GrabIt Version: 1.7.2 beta File Size: 2137 License: Free Browse and Search newsgroups without downloading headers! Automatically repair and extract downloaded binaries! SSL support to protect your download traffic! NZB...
Hey everyone. Is there anyone here who can help me to write few lines of codes for recovery of signal embedded in noise, having been given the wav file !....