INDIA and ETHANOL

was watching a serial in one of the local channels where they were discussing about bio fuels

Bio Fuels are those which are generated from various biological substances example plants.Ethanol extracted from these plants are mixed with petrol . New generation of vehicles can run on 100 % ethanol ,, but currently a proportion of 85% ethanol and 5 % of petrol is being used.The biofuels unlike fossile fuels donnot increase the CO2 levels in atmosphere thus hugely reducing the pollution levels . Sugar cane and corn are few which are used to generate ethanol.
Brazil , US of A are the countires which are currenlty promoting and using bio fuell. Brazil has been running on these resources since past 30 years.

Now the question is.. with a three Ps (population , pollution , poverty)to manage and maintain can INDIA use its fourth P( potential) to utilise the resources available ( man and land) to generate this pollution free energy fuel and a better environment??

interested??
source: sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Hi,
    India is a developing country. We are importing food from other countries. ie, India is not self sufficient in food. Now, as it is, the lands available are not enough for food production alone. And industrialists are fast eating our lands too. How can we use the remaining meager land for growing bio fuel crops?
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Well I don't think so. Although I know bio fuel needs some investment, but its not huge investment. If I'm not wrong, Jatropha Curcus (a plant) is used to produce bio diesel and its cultivation is not that difficult. But its sad that current yield in India is very less

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi I m a final yr student of B. Tech of Electronics and communication .I realy wanna knw some project topics in communication.
Those who want to have a look at CAT 2007 paper, click below - https://www.catiim.in/downloads/CAT-2007 Exam.pdf The paper has been published by IIMs online. Feel free to download it and...
CEans, Pump up your brains, for I'm very sure that all our CEans who are taking CAT 2008 are excited. So are you all ready for November 16, 2008? How...
Hi All I was hearing that i have to show a property during VISA interview as token that ill return back to india, I have a property which in my...
Hi, i'm Metallurgical engineer....so i want to read a ebook of extractive metallurgy and hydrometallurgy of rare earth...please help me...