India Against Corruption march from Ramlila to Jantar Mantar

India Against Corruption
Had the Rs. 176,700 crores not been squandered in the 2G Scam, our country would now have enough revenue to wipe out half the fiscal deficit of our country, to improve the rural and urban economy of our country! Despite public outcry, no worthwhile investigations are going on. This is because of several systemic deficiencies in our anti-corruption systems. Institutions that have the freedom to act do not have the power to do so, while institutions, which have the power to act, do not have the freedom to do so.

India Against Corruption is a campaign, which is not aligned to or against any political party. We feel that every political party has misused its position whenever they have been in power or otherwise. Therefore, it is extremely important that the citizens of this country unite to demand systemic changes.

India Against Corruption is a movement of several concerned citizens of India who have come together (many more are joining in) to demand comprehensive reforms of anti-corruption systems in India. Art of Living & WAYE are supporting the movement to make the public aware of the menace and how the Lokpal bill can change the face of the nation, if it is passed in its totality.

What are we doing?
On 30th Jan, 2011, on the occasion of Martyrdom Day, there will be a march from the Ramlila Ground to Jantar Mantar demanding enactment of a law to set up an effective anti-corruption body called the Lokpal at the Centre and the Lokayukta in each State. Thousands of people will take to streets to demand effective anti-corruption law.

What can you do?
Spread the word. Talk to your friends and colleagues about this. Join us and express your solidarity to the nation. This is a citizens’ initiative and therefore requires every individual’s wholehearted support.

Want to know more about it?
Join us at IIT for a panel discussion on India Against Corruption, being addressed by Mr. Arvind Kejriwal and Dr. Kiran Bedi themselves, on 27th Jan 2011 at Dogra Hall, 5pm onwards.

For more information, please feel free to get in touch with Garima Narang at 9810508745 or write to #-Link-Snipped-# or visit: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    @freak: well....................
    i think your much concern to India development
    but it is not possible until the people changes
    if they changed too political interference also had very effects on it
  • freak16
    freak16
    NM we need someone to take the lead.
    We ppl always afraid to take the intiative for such things as we saw in the movie s.
    But need is that we need to change our self to change the world..
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    but who will take the lead
    this is like a drainage who will come to clean
    well coming to films they are made in concepts but they cant be made true because it is real life
    i lisned many real stories about death of many officials who opposed corruption and being sincier
  • freak16
    freak16
    Yeah but Being Indian we have responsiblities towards our nation.
    Let Live for Your nation and devote yourself to it
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    those words are sweet to lisned but difficult to implement
  • freak16
    freak16
    NM Why are so reluctant?
    Cant we try our bit..
    Take care of pennies and pound will take care of themselves
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    @freak: we can be ourself avoid it
    but remember one thing without giving money to them our work cant be done fast
    check if you want if i am wrong just tell me
  • freak16
    freak16
    Sorry NM!
    I didnot get your perspective.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    @freak: i mean to say is we cant make our work done by others without corruption thats the corruption level in India
    it is in deep roots and in every blood of Indians
    see here we are the only people who are against corruption
    everyone dislikes corruption but for our living we need to go to for that
    thats present position of India
  • freak16
    freak16
    I concede to you but we need to end this somehow and therefore this march is first step towards it..
    Present generation are highly against it.a All my collegaues and friends are going for this march tommrow as we all are delhilites..
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    oh i think you are also going with them
    anyway this is nice idea
    take active participation
    i also involve with it if such a program conducts at my place
  • freak16
    freak16
    Yes 😀
    Thanks NM..
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    anytime my dear friend
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @freak: I think it is a good initiative.
    I am not sure if it will change anything. But I hope that people's Voice gets heard.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    This thread should not be a part of CE Events section which is dedicated to engineering, tech and management related events. I'm moving it to CE Chit Chat section. Also, usage of any language other than English is strictly prohibited on CE. I request all CEans to follow the policy.
  • freak16
    freak16
    Oh Sorry Biggie!
    I seriously dont aware..
    My apologies..
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    narayana murthy
    @freak: we can be ourself avoid it
    but remember one thing without giving money to them our work cant be done fast
    check if you want if i am wrong just tell me
    every second person has the same persecptive. every second person gives a reason why someone needs to be bribed.be it to avoid higher fines or to get work done soon, or what ever. Have you ever tried to ask back for what you need to pay? sometimes its your own selfishness which is been taken rid for.

@ freak - I missed it here in Bangalore. Just read about it in paper. is there one in hyderabad? i could not find details on the website
  • freak16
    freak16
    It was not organised in hyderabad.
    I went in march. I got to know the reality. It was fantastic and so many educated people was there.
    People from iit delhi and my college Delhi college of engineering and nsit were present . I heard medha pathkar first time in my life and she thundered my mind. As in many people turned up.. I am not requesting anybody but think to you as a responsible citizen that if you cannot come then please
    Msg
    India your name your place
    to number 09230534959
    It will for a vote bank who support the lokpal bill
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    @durga: it is not possible to ask because no one is right as i had seen up to now so, we cant blame one person or one authority for taking bribe it cant be change until the people and workers change
    another reason for taking bribes i had observed is high costs for living
    mostly salaries are less but standard of living is costly
    in this case i support such people
    where who dont harass for bribes
    anyway costs is going higher reasons are known to all and if i give here it will completely goto another topic
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Hey NM,
    I agree with you.I mean you are practical and all but why aren't you even trying to change.We can use tools like FB.All you need is to post it on your wall,isn't it? 😀
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    i think there is no use of it
  • nebula
    nebula
    Hmm interesting debate on corruption...my two cents are that the problem is really the never ending cycle of blaming that takes place in our system. What is important is that we start taking an initiative and involving others in it. Even the biggest journey begins with the first step , why should this be any different. I think this is really good cause ans we should all be a part of it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Unconditionally and irrevocably i fall in love with CE. NO Exudes.. 😛😉😀😁😁
Hello everyone, I'm Harisuddin and currently lived in Malaysia. Finished my study in Mechanical Engineering. I'm 23 years old. Just starting my career as Maintenance Engineer. Absolutely new in engineering...
How to connect an RFID reader to a computer(database) through wireless(RF communication)? I have a project and i need to learn how to connect an RFID reader to a (database)computer...
how much power has to be delivered for pushing the piston of an i.c engine of 150 cc??? and suggest any material whic has got low thermal conductivity and can...
how much power has to be delivered for pushing the piston of an i.c engine of 150 cc??? and suggest any material whic has got low thermal conductivity and can...