importing dbf files into mysql

hi guys.

i have an xls sheet in openoffice.org. i'm workin on a small project and i need to convert this sheet into a mysql database. i see that openoffice allows me to save the spreadsheet as a .dbf file. does mysql support direct importing of fields from the .dbf file into a mysql database? if so whats the procedure?

i currently have the gui tools for mysql. are there any other packages i have to download for this?

thanks in advance.

Replies

• slashfear
    slashfear
    Hi Rohit,

You can use Load data as shown below,

LOAD DATA [LOW_PRIORITY | CONCURRENT] [LOCAL] INFILE '[I]file_name[/I]'
        [REPLACE | IGNORE]
        INTO TABLE [I]tbl_name[/I]
        [CHARACTER SET [I]charset_name[/I]]
        [{FIELDS | COLUMNS}
            [TERMINATED BY '[I]string[/I]']
            [[OPTIONALLY] ENCLOSED BY '[I]char[/I]']
            [ESCAPED BY '[I]char[/I]']
        ]
        [LINES
            [STARTING BY '[I]string[/I]']
            [TERMINATED BY '[I]string[/I]']
        ]
        [IGNORE [I]number[/I] LINES]
        [([I]col_name_or_user_var[/I],...)]
        [SET [I]col_name[/I] = [I]expr[/I],...]

For further help or reference you can visit the following link ( which can give you the clear picture of how to do that process) :

#-Link-Snipped-#

Hope the information was useful for you!!!!😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, I seek advice, i am going to the 3rd semester of my course & i have been asked to choose a free elective, i am confused to choose amongst...
i need some design notes on foot print power generation so pls help me out
Download 773 Free MP3s from Amazon (Music) Love a little unquestionably legit, free music? Then head on over to Amazon's Free MP3 downloads section to choose from among 773 totally...
I am the B.Tech student of 2 nd year. I am good at robotics and won some prizes in some of the competetions. I am expecting a summer training in...
Today, I got my internet and within few minutes I faced 2 issues. 1) For some unknown reason, I got a message on screen saying "Internet explorer has encountered a...