Important notice about CEoM October 2013

Dear CEans,

We are closer to the launch of CEan Of The Month (CEoM October 2013), there are a few important reminders we wish to make about the competition.
  • The purpose of the CEoM is to reward the exceptional contributors with a prize money and entry into the CEan Hall Of Fame.
  • The participating contestants are expected to keep check on each other and report the spam created by your rivals.
Keeping that in mind; our entire @[USERGROUP=4]Moderators[/USERGROUP] team will be more stricter in removing spam.

Very Important Point To Remember:

We'll be setting up a threshold for the score the contestants will have to achieve in order to win the title and be eligible for the prize. Wait for an update in this thread for the details.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    CEoM October 2013 Updates

The scoring scheme has been updated as follows-
    • Creating a new threads (min. 100 words) : 200 points
    • Creating a new reply in existing thread (min. 50 words) : 50 points
    • Receiving a new like: 20 points
    • Creating a new resource: 50 5 points
    • Getting a vote from fellow CEan : 100 points
    Threshold: Unless the contestant crosses a total of 12,000 points; he/she won't be eligible for the CEoM title.

Moderation: The @[USERGROUP=4]Moderators[/USERGROUP] will be very strict in terms of removing spam. We urge contestants to use the 'report' link at the bottom of every post to notify us of anyone spamming or creating threads for the sake of gathering points.

Important Change: The Engineering & Technology News section has been included in the new scoring scheme. While only authors can create new news in that section, we'll reward all the CEoM contestants with the points for replying. We don't want our news items to go unattended.

VoiCE Authors Are Eligible For CEoM Title: There will be a new threshold for the VoiCE authors of 20,000 points to be eligible for the CEoM title.

Reward: Rs. 6,000 OR equivalent amount in USD. Entry in CE Hall Of Fame

If no one achieves the threshold, the title will not be awarded to anyone.

If you have any questions, post them below.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    PS: CE Labs has been included in the CEoM as well.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Kaustubh Katdare
    CEoM October 2013 Updates

If no one achieves the threshold, the title will be

If you have any questions, post them below.
    incomplete sir, If they dont fulfill the threshold, the title will be?
    It will be a fair competition now.
    Way to go...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    incomplete sir, If they dont fulfill the threshold, the title will be?
    Updated the post. It just skipped. The title won't be awarded.
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    This just got interesting and tough as well. Biggie has sure set the benchmarks higher to get yourself into the CE Hall of Fame. No multiple winners this time but the prize value is high as well. I would like to add suggestion though, Why not include a certificate as well, a tangible one that the winners will be awarded stating their achievements on the website.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Certificate has been demanded by several CEans in the past. We can definitely have one. But I was thinking we should award it to someone who wins 3 CEoMs in a year.

But if everyone wants it on monthly basis; we will have to think about it.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    @#-Link-Snipped-# sir,
    So, this time, there would be only one winner as before?

And I think certificate should be given on monthly basis.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Monthly certificate will be more welcome Sir Cos our semester timings allow a maximum of 2 months completely idle
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Jeffrey Samuel
    Monthly certificate will be more welcome Sir Cos our semester timings allow a maximum of 2 months completely idle
    Not completely idle, but most of the time is free which could be utilised.
    In other months, we are just too busy preparing either for sessionals, theory or practical exams.. ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    My suggestion :
    There should be limit in uploading resources per day. (Maybe 3 resources per day is enough)

I can win whole goddamn competition just by uploading resources, but then again I will be known as LEOM, Lamest Engineer Of The Month; If I do that.

Inshort : Put limit in number of resources that can be uploaded per day.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We're going to put all the resources into moderation before they appear on the public domain. There have been requests to eliminate Resources section from CEoM. We'll consider it in the next few days.

Monthly certificate looks like a nice idea. All we don't want is the winner to lose motivation to participate in next CEoMs.
    Kaustubh Katdare
    PS: CE Labs has been included in the CEoM as well.
    How about technical news threads in gadgets section.Will it count for ceom .as present scoring clearly explains the presence of this gadget section .
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    News items will only be posted by the authors in News section. Other sections won't get news items. Feel free to review apps, ask questions, post short tutorials et al .
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# & @#-Link-Snipped-# - Could you please check and confirm that scoring is working properly for you? Please note the update in scoring scheme for October 2013 (post #2).
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I hope we don't have a situation in which someone takes a lead and then others give up the hope. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# & @#-Link-Snipped-# - Could you please check and confirm that scoring is working properly for you? Please note the update in scoring scheme for October 2013 (post #2).
    No problem, if I found I'll PM you. ๐Ÿ˜€

Kaustubh Katdare
    I hope we don't have a situation in which someone takes a lead and then others give up the hope. ๐Ÿ˜€
    And therefore, I have a suggestion, if someone score above threshold, then he should be given a certificate at least? and winner can have both certificate and prize money.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Certificate option is still under consideration. If we introduce it, be sure that it won't be easy to win.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Now this is working fine for me,
    Thanks for checking with me again.

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Everyone note - Resources points have been reduced from 50 to 5. We've been noticing a lot of spam in the resources section. If the spamming continues, we'll reduce it to zero.

PS: @#-Link-Snipped-# , thank you for the suggestion.
    Kaustubh Katdare
    News items will only be posted by the authors in News section. Other sections won't get news items. Feel free to review apps, ask questions, post short tutorials et al .
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Many news items explaining that this item is introduced ,that feature added are popping in gadgets section .I think it was counted for CEoM .Please clarify me.You had strictly said that news items would be posTed only in engineering and news section.Replyyyyyy
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Listen up boy.
    The news article which I wrote in gadget section is not targeted to achieve points for CEOM. I am doing it for practice for 'something' which you will know it in long run.

I wasn't interested in competition for CEOM. But,Now as you're thinking that I am doing it for game, then let me pick up my chainsaw & jump right into the game of numbers.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# - which article are you concerned about?
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    I have a suggestion.
    no one should be allowed to make mockery of the rules.

If app doesn't provide the option to cancel your nomination for the month, then why we keep seeing that staff members (@[USERGROUP=4]Moderators[/USERGROUP] ) are cancelling their nominations from back-end. CEoM is an COMPETITION and if staff members are leading the pack, they should win as well.

Are they making fun of other participants by leading the pack and then removing their name from the CEoM? If they do not want to win they shouldn't participate as well,

Annoying.

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# - some of us need to nominate themselves and participate for a few days to ensure that the system's working fine. ๐Ÿ˜€

Application does provide an option to cancel nomination; but only before the application starts. If someone wants to cancel their nomination from the current competition, they may request the moderators, stating appropriate reasons.

Please be aware that it's an irreversible change. Once nomination is withdrawn, we can't include them back in current competition.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    @#-Link-Snipped-# if the nomination are done just to ensure system's working.

what about this?
    #-Link-Snipped-#

and why the nomination was canceled. Forum flames? ego? or just like that?

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I apply to every CEoM to test things. I'm assuming that you're talking about Abhishek withdrawing his application from CEoM October. For @#-Link-Snipped-# - if he wanted to withdraw - he could have asked moderators to do the same. But he himself had the powers and he used them. Had he used power to disqualify any other CEan 'just like that', we'd be concerned.

There can be personal reasons for withdrawing.
    What if i cross 12000 points and AnkIta also cross 20000 points.who Will be the winner and what about prize money?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    In that case Ankita will br the winner.

If the top scorer does not cross the threshold, there will not be any winner.
    Kaustubh Katdare
    In that case Ankita will br the winner.

If the top scorer does not cross the threshold, there will not be any winner.
    How that would be justified as I am also fulfilling the threshold?
    Its OK but in future please change the rules that the authors also should gain a certain amount of points by writing technical discussions(If possible)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    How that would be justified as I am also fulfilling the threshold?
    Its OK but in future please change the rules that the authors also should gain a certain amount of points by writing technical discussions(If possible)
    You may cross the threshold, but you aren't the top scorer. Ultimately the top scorer who has crossed the threshold set for their role wins. If @#-Link-Snipped-# is the top scorer of the month; but she does not cross the threshold; she will not win.

Authors get their score updated by contributing to technical discussions as well. But that's why they have a very high threshold 12,000 vs. 20,000.
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You may cross the threshold, but you aren't the top scorer. Ultimately the top scorer who has crossed the threshold set for their role wins. If @#-Link-Snipped-# is the top scorer of the month; but she does not cross the threshold; she will not win.

Authors get their score updated by contributing to technical discussions as well. But that's why they have a very high threshold 12,000 vs. 20,000.
    thanks for clarifying but do consider my suggestion on.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Come on be a sport kick ass man The first time the topper scored 22K and he never whined about stuff

Rules are meant to make competitions tougher
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We've began disqualifying users who've been repeatedly breaking the rules and ignoring our warnings. It's also been decided that no explanation will be provided to the users who've been disqualified from the contest. If you need explanation, read the rules again.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We've made a few changes to the CEoM add-on. Please us know if you encounter any issues with the scores.
    three days to go ....
    a possible winner is doubtful and any suggestions to enhance ceom .
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    ๐Ÿ˜ So close!
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Ankita Katdare
    ๐Ÿ˜ So close!
    3 more days! Ankita you can do it! Good luck ๐Ÿ‘
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    There were no winners for CEoM October, 2013. The system has recognized Ankita Katdare as the winner, but we'll update the Hall Of Fame to reflect the changes.

I hope we'll see some real competition in this month!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Tata DoCoMo has launched a new dongle called the TATA Photon Max which is expected to deliver a speed of 6.2 megabit per second (mbps). Priced in India at Rs....
is there any other paradigm for development of augmented reality apps ?? i want to know the technology used in developing such apps ?
There is very much less talk about Android 4.3 feature , Privacy Guard (quietly slipped by google) but I think this is one of the much awaited and have to...
here are some of my queries about batteries: -how are batteries generally rated? -what is the difference between a 12V36A battery and a 12V100A? -what will be the effect of...
hi i have completed btech in cse this year i want to apply for cdac feb batch. i need help about how to prepare for cdac entrance exam. i know...