Important Announcement For CEoM Participants [Current & Future]

CEans,

After receiving several complaints and reviewing each one of them, we've concluded that we need a change in the rules that apply to CEoM. Please note the changes carefully -

1. From now onwards, News Items will only be written by our dedicated VoiCE author team in the 'Engineering & Technology News' section. This section will accommodate all the latest news covered by our authors irrespective of the categories. That is, gadget related news or robotics related news will all go into Engineering & Technology News section and not the technical discussion sections as it used to, until now.

2. If any member wants to contribute news updates, they may do so through our 'InFocus' section. This section was created for discussing all the news items (mostly relevant to engineers but not restricted to technology). We're cleaning up this section and it will either be merged with Chit-Chat or continue to exist on its own. The contributions made to this section will not contribute to CEoM score.

3. IMPORTANT : A news update may be referred to in a technical discussion section PROVIDED it is meant for a technical discussion and not shared for 'information' purpose. That is, if you want to discuss the engine specs of new car launch; you may refer to existing VoiCE article or write a few words about the news and then start the techical discussion.

If any CEoM participant is found abusing this the rule; he/she will be immediately warned or disqualified.

If you have questions, concerns, comments, please post them below. I hope this rule update will address several concerns raised by CEans in the last few weeks.

Update:

An immediate advantage all our CEans will now have is that they can receive alerts and email-notifications of all the latest news we cover.

1. Go To - #-Link-Snipped-#
Watch-Forum

2. Select the options you want and click 'Watch Forum' button.

Options

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sir,
    Do the news posted by authors who are in CEoM will count for points?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    Sir,
    Do the news posted by authors who are in CEoM will count for points?
    The answer to that is a clear No.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's right. The 'Engineering & Technology News' and 'In-Focus' section are all out of CEoM Coverage Area. No points will be awarded for contribution to these sections. So authors have no advantage over others if they are participating in CEoM.
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's right. The 'Engineering & Technology News' and 'In-Focus' section are all out of CEoM Coverage Area. No points will be awarded for contribution to these sections. So authors have no advantage over others if they are participating in CEoM.
    What about other sections like gadgets and mechanical section in which many news articles were posted?(Its only a doubt If i am wrong please correct me).
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    What about other sections like gadgets and mechanical section in which many news articles were posted?(Its only a doubt If i am wrong please correct me).
    The current score remains intact and the new rules apply from today (after this announcement was posted).

We asked our authors to write the news items in respective sections with an aim to build technical discussions on the news itself. But all the authors have been informed about the change and from now on, the news items will only be discussed in the Engineering & Technology News section.

Our technical discussion sections and other general discussion sections will continue to function normally.

This approach will also ensure that the CE Community doesn't look like all 'News Discussion' community. We need to restrict the technical discussion sections to real questions & answers, ideas and problem solving.
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The current score remains intact and the new rules apply from today (after this announcement was posted).

We asked our authors to write the news items in respective sections with an aim to build technical discussions on the news itself. But all the authors have been informed about the change and from now on, the news items will only be discussed in the Engineering & Technology News section.

Our technical discussion sections and other general discussion sections will continue to function normally.

This approach will also ensure that the CE Community doesn't look like all 'News Discussion' community. We need to restrict the technical discussion sections to real questions & answers, ideas and problem solving.
    Thanks for clearing my doubt.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Kaustubh, what a wonderful fun way of managing the problem!

Kudos to you!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I was wondering if there are any startup companies in India that've been actively working in the 3D printing domain. The technology, IMHO, is still in nascent stage and is...
hello! guys computer as a digital machine work very well! can anyone explain to me how and what a the common element of computer as a system.
Every morning you wake up and log-in to your Facebook account to see what your friends are up to these days. Initially, you used to browse through all posts from...
As Apple fans globally welcome iOS 7 and new Apple devices like the not-so-cheap iPhone 5C and the iPhone 5S with fingerprint sensor, iOS apps too are getting a revamp....
NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California has finally decided to put an end to its comet investigating Deep Impact mission. The reason why NASA had to abandon this mission...