Implementing mail alerts for missed calls

Hi Guys i have got this idea out of my situation i face daily.
In our office we dont have access to mobile phones 😔 , so its tuff to find out who calls you and when.

So if we can implement some technology such that if we get any calls and if we dont answer can we get a mail alert for the same .
The same condition applies even the phone is not available or missing such that we can keep track of all the calls we receive.

Wat say guys? is it useful or not?

Replies

• RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    Yes ES, that can be possible using python in mobile, but to do so we need a gprs enable mobile & mobile must be connected to internet all time so it can send mail whenever we receive miss call or message.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm wondering if this needs implementation at the operator side (so that wider number of phones can be supported)

Few questions -
    1. What do we want the content of the mail to be? (Just a notification?).
    2. Maybe, voicemail could be attached & sent to specified email. Say what?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Yep, this could probably be a VAS offering. All you need to do is give them your e-mail add 😛 Its possible I guess, since some operators allow subscribers to check on their phone records when you log in their portal.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    What my idea is we need to get the mobile alert from the service provider itself.

AS Biggie said we can cover more number of people and no need to connect to internet/GPRS is required.
    If we dont answer and if they send voice mail we need to get a mail of the same.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Its a good idea,but what you will do with the notifications,am sure all the important persons in your life know about you are inaccessible to your mobile phone in office anyhow its a good idea and can be implemented but you have to take the providers services!!
  • RajdeepCE
    RajdeepCE
    As per my opnion, implementing this idea in GPRS enable phone will be good. Cause developing such services in operator side demands support & help from operator. While developing such application independently in mobile using python or symbian or java platform, it will be best.& profitable.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Thats Correct , in case if some one loses his mobile then ? the guy who took that will definitely switch it off rite? just am idea.

If mobile services are providing that it would be beneficiary for many people.
    Anyways if it works either ways its fine.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello every one ... I need some help in my Matlab project it's very Simple , but i'm beginner in the Matlab 😎 I hope that I get the answer...
​Sony just announced the rumored new motion controller for the PS3 -- the prototype looks like a wand with a color-changing ball on top. It's designed to work in conjunction...
​ Oracle sure has come a long way since its cardboard laptop days, but is it really ready to take on the likes of Acer, ASUS, HP and Dell in...
I was very interested in making a small lift mechanism to lift no more thqn 5lbs, the objective is for a car customization involving a GPS. I would like to...
​On a roll of late, aren't we AMD? Just when you thought the fun was slowing over in Taiwan, in flies this: the world's first official DirectX 11-friendly GPU demonstration....