Implementation of aircraft wing by increasing airfoil thickness

Project Abstract / Summary : Abstract:
Wing conservation is a very important and popular subject given today’s concerns for the environment and operating cost economies in the aviation industry.In air transport, decrease in aerodynamic drag by any means by innovative researchand design leads to reduced fuel consumption. There are several techniques used in the aircraft in order to reduce the aerodynamic drag. Among these solutions, several techniques based on energizing the flow boundary layer, or using in-timemodifications of the airfoil shape (morphing wing concept) will be studied in thisproject. This second approach on morphing wing seems to be promising since a conventional aircraft wing profile cannot be designed optimally for an entire flight mission presenting variable flow conditions in terms of speed, altitude and angle of attack.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : To learn more about Aerodynamics theory and wing configuration. This project will be discussing co efficient of lift , co efficient of drag and comparing between lift-drag ratio.Considering a transport aircraft for example, enhancing the laminar flow regime by using wing morphing and thereby reducing friction drag would most likely lead to fuel economy. This project focuses on the design of an active extra dos structure for an experimental morphing laminar wing, which will be studied using the computational fluid dynamic analysis.

Project Category : Mechanical / Automobile / Aeronautical
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: Infant Jesus College of Engineering , Keelavallanadu
City: Thoothukudi
State: Tamil Nadu
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : my project is superier to other.im a civil engineer so i make my project better & i will try to best my project for any...
Project Abstract / Summary : In this project Bluetooth module will be interfaced to PIC18 micro controller. This Bluetooth receives the commands from the Android application device using wireless communication....
Project Abstract / Summary : Crime Record Bureau project abstract helps in understanding over view of the project with module description, advantages of this system, existing and proposed system differences,...
Hello everybody, I have query regarding the Engineering Services exam. Please guide me. I have completed BE Aeronautical Engineering. I want to know if I am eligible for writing the...
Hi All, I'm new to this forum and came across it while searching interesting project ideas. Some of them are really good and inspiring. I want to develop the following...