Implement the miltiiplexer

Hey people...i have a question regarding multiplexer.

Implement the following function with a multiplexer

f(A,B,C,D) = ∑(0,1,3,4,8,9,15)

Replies

• sushant005
    sushant005
    here you have to use 16:1 multiplexer.

for this function make the state 0,1,3,4,8,9,15 to the main supply and the remaining state i.e 2,5,6,7,10,11,12,13,14 to ground(it is absent).
    Here there are four input so you have to use 16:1 multiplexer.
    !6:1 means that there are 16 inputs(0 to 15) and 1 output.
    So for your given function only state 0,1,3,4,8,9 and 15 are present and rest of the state are absent.

feel free to ask any question related to this...
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    sushant005
    here you have to use 16:1 multiplexer.

for this function make the state 0,1,3,4,8,9,15 to the main supply and the remaining state i.e 2,5,6,7,10,11,12,13,14 to ground(it is absent).
    Here there are four input so you have to use 16:1 multiplexer.
    !6:1 means that there are 16 inputs(0 to 15) and 1 output.
    So for your given function only state 0,1,3,4,8,9 and 15 are present and rest of the state are absent.

feel free to ask any question related to this...
    Thanks for the solution, i was also thinking like that only. But if you can access then have a look on GATE 2008 Computer Science by G.K.Publishers, they have given some weird solution involving A, A' only and making 8 input lines and 3 selection lines etc. I am not able to understand that method.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Nice solution with explanation sushant 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi Friends, Its been long since I last posted on CE. Reason I was busy with my MBA after a successful CAT 08. Now that I have completed my course...
I just googled for the latest IIM world rankings but couldn't find IIM's name anywhere.. So can anyone tell me where does IIM come in the world rankings at present...
What’s the procedure of applying for MBA in Banking & Finance course in Sikkim Manipal Uni...., Is it online or do we have to go to the learning centre
I m going to pursue m-tech in nano tech. will u give the different scopes after completing this?
India's $35 PC; which is a result of a student project; has been making news since last few days. The electronic gadget, inspired by iPAD promises a web browser, wi-fi,...