Impedance constarints?

Hi,

I have the gerbers for a single board computer,to be released for manufacturing.There are a few (20-30) system bus tracks from the processor to the RAM. Should these tracks,which i suppose are very sensitive ones to be taken care of all those impedance constraints while manufacturing?
If so how.what si that value for that.And should i instruct my manufacturer regarding that.
And what could be the possible problems which can happen if they are not manufactured accordingly?

any clues guys?

regards,

Replies

• cameo
    cameo
    crazy enggnrs,,
    c'mon..no one knows abt my query..?
    or am i not clear?
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    This is a good Q.

Actually, its right those tracks are impedance sensitive. Usually, in digital systems, the IC itself would have taken care of it, but anyway, it would be good to place bypass caps (0.1uf SMD) in parallel with the ground. ground being a large surface area of exposed metal or something, you'd know what your ground looks like.

And if you are realy considering this a serious project then I would advise you to buy a simulation software which simuates EM noise, high freq noise and what not!! It will be immensely helpful.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Im at your new age.Hey!!I am really confusing why i cant activate my frienster site. My school Asministrator has restricted it using Windows 2000 Advanced Server. Any one in the...
hello ! very good evening to all.
give me some ideas for mini projects
Hi, Well altogether I worked in the electronics industry for 22 years, various engineering positions, though my degree was in education (physics). I passed the PE exam, NY - EE,...
Well friend, i have found that there are some technlogies available in market through which we can convert a simple DSL in to a Voip phone for international calling. I...