image processing project topics

hi all,
please specify ieee real time project topics.and im very much intrested in doing my project in image processing...

Replies

• shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Re: image processing

Hi abhisheck35 !

Welcome to CE , Please introduce yourself in format mentioned in #-Link-Snipped-# in CE-Introductions section

Is it possible for you to make a system that opens my House's door only after scanning my face or hand ? Correct me if any such system already exist.

[@CE-Team I guess this thread was made for CE_Project Ideas & Seminars section.]
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Well, such systems do exist. And they are called bio metric security systems.

No problem. So what if it exists already? You can still make one by yourself.

And when it comes to image processing, Face recognition is one area where you can learn many things about image processing.

If you're interested, you can take face recognition as your image processing project.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    silverscorpion
    Well, such systems do exist. And they are called bio metric security systems.

No problem. So what if it exists already? You can still make one by yourself.

And when it comes to image processing, Face recognition is one area where you can learn many things about image processing.

If you're interested, you can take face recognition as your image processing project.
    Yes SS and there is one more way if you want to make on Basic level start with FingerPrint and then after we can also go with irish Recognizance Image processing project
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Well, here goes.

1) Face recognition
    2) Finger print recognition
    3) Iris recognition etc.

All these come under something called pattern recognition.

And coming to think of it, one project I attempted was to identify vehicle license plate numbers from the image of the vehicle. That's one very interesting project with many dimensions like image segmentation, character separation, character matching and recognition et all.
  • ciit
    ciit
    hey plz help me to finalize the final project topic
  • ciit
    ciit
    related to face recognition and extraction in digital imnage processing
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    ciit
    hey plz help me to finalize the final project topic
    Welcome to CE!

please introduce your self using this format #-Link-Snipped-# in introduction Section.
  • akkumon
    akkumon
    You can do face recognition in matlab
  • Lankythekid
    Lankythekid
    so, you can use matlab to do face recognition? well from what i have studied we have only learned the basics of matlab, can we also use matlab for fingerprint recognition? comparing two fingerprints to see if they match?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Lankythekid
    so, you can use matlab to do face recognition? well from what i have studied we have only learned the basics of matlab, can we also use matlab for fingerprint recognition? comparing two fingerprints to see if they match?
    Definitely. Matlab has very powerful image processing capabilities 😀 You can find more information by looking at its Image Processing Toolbox.

You'll need to learn some image processing theories before hand. The image you will scan will not be perfect, so you'll need to perform operations to highlight the ridges clearly (thresholding, etc). The all is left to do is to use correlation functions to compare it to the database. The correlation may require the image to be rotated a number of times in case it is not aligned.
  • Lankythekid
    Lankythekid
    Hmmmm =D i shall Research more on matlabs image processing toolbox now that you mention this... I'm still at work! So i shall wait until i get home to work and play with matlabs!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Have fun 😉
  • madhumurundi
    madhumurundi
    Appearance-based-face-recognition-laplacian-face-recognition is the best topic
    if u want to know more about it click this link
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ashfaq_2009
    Ashfaq_2009
    Hi how to detect Lanes on a Road using a Camera & Matlab. Can i Track the Lines when the Vehicle is Moving. Where i can get the Resources about this Project.

I need Urgent Help.
  • zen
    zen
    for any help mail to
  • Hina watts
    Hina watts
    can we do face recognition in java or cc++...or it can be done only in matlab?
  • jaydeep_bhatt
    jaydeep_bhatt
    if any body needs ready made code for fingerprint recognition than contact me #-Link-Snipped-#
  • sisir_lunawat
    sisir_lunawat
    can anyone tell me a very simple project topic on image processing i am a final year student doing telecommunication engineering...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can any one give me the download link for "Queueing systems for computer applications vol 2" by klienrock.... I need this book very urgently for my phd work.... Please help...😔.
Name: NIMISH PRABHU *Engineering Trade: Computer Location: Mumbai, India *Occupation: Student Work Experience: - *Hobbies & Interests: Hacking,Computer Games,Downloading latest stuffs around the net(though my slow net connection doesnt help...
NIT Jalandhar folks are organizing Techniti between 18-20 September. Official Website: techNITi 09 Home Page
Our old favorite Jacko is not with us any longer. But his songs will always continue to entertain us. I'd like to dedicate this thread remembering some of his best...
Hello, i was eager to know that is it possible to download all my Mails form Gmail to my PC? i want to save my all mails to my PC!...