image processing -innovative ideas

Hi...
I'm a final year EIE student. My interest is in the field of image processing. Here are some other ideas which came to my mind. Do these already exist? What advancements can be made if these exist? Can u give some innovations that could be implemented?
1. Driver drowsiness alert system.
2. defect rejection in pencil industries.
3.sorting of different sized objects in industries.

Replies

• lovebox
    lovebox
    Yes, they exist. I certainly know about two of them.
    1. Driver drowsiness alert system: A company called 'Seeing Machines' has implemented this. Check out : #-Link-Snipped-#

3. Sorting of different sized objects in industries: UPS - a USA based courier and cargo company uses something like this at its global sorting hub called WorldPort located in Louisville, Kentucky (USA).

Not sure about the pencil industry's defective pieces rejection system. But since many other industries already use it (for example Frito Lay for its potato chips manufacturing facilities) there must be some example for the pencil industry too.
  • madhu27
    madhu27
    okay.. i found pencil industry defect rejection also to be implemented..😔
    have to get some other idea...thank you..
  • suganthy mahamuni
    suganthy mahamuni

different object detection

• suganthy mahamuni
    suganthy mahamuni

want to the algorithm for different object detection 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Next Generation TVs, 4K Ultra-HD Technology(3840x2160) is soon to be replacing 1080p once the development team will workout in the pricing sector of the new technology. While, in the recent...
When Samsung S4 was announced, within a week of release of that Samsung's Google Play edition was released,same was with the HTC One. So, what's good about Google Play Edition...
Its a bit difficult to read but try out...you will enjoy reading it NOTE: (Usage of two consecutive letters is for its actual pronounciation) SAMSTHAAPYA MRUNMAYE PAATHRE THAAMRA PATHRAM SUSHOBHITHAM...
With the new update at Instagram for iOS, users can - Take photos or record video holding the Instagram camera in landscape orientation Support for Cinema using front-facing camera Have...
ASUSTeK Computer, the Taiwanese multi-national has brought the world's thinnest Windows 8 tablet-cum-notebook, a truly revolutionary product of its kind to the Indian market. Now launched in India, the ASUS...