CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@madhu27 • 05 Jul, 2013
Hi...
I'm a final year EIE student. My interest is in the field of image processing. Here are some other ideas which came to my mind. Do these already exist? What advancements can be made if these exist? Can u give some innovations that could be implemented?
1. Driver drowsiness alert system.
2. defect rejection in pencil industries.
3.sorting of different sized objects in industries.
@lovebox • 05 Jul, 2013 • 1 like Yes, they exist. I certainly know about two of them.
1. Driver drowsiness alert system: A company called 'Seeing Machines' has implemented this. Check out : https://www.seeingmachines.com/product/dss

3. Sorting of different sized objects in industries: UPS - a USA based courier and cargo company uses something like this at its global sorting hub called WorldPort located in Louisville, Kentucky (USA).

Not sure about the pencil industry's defective pieces rejection system. But since many other industries already use it (for example Frito Lay for its potato chips manufacturing facilities) there must be some example for the pencil industry too.
@madhu27 • 06 Jul, 2013 okay.. i found pencil industry defect rejection also to be implemented..😔
have to get some other idea...thank you..
@suganthy mahamuni • 30 Oct, 2018

different object detection

@suganthy mahamuni • 30 Oct, 2018

want to the algorithm for different object detection 

Related Posts

@Ankita Katdare · Aug 31, 2011

What kind of innovative events can be conducted for civil engineering students in their tech-fest?Suggest ideas and names for the same.

@Ankita Katdare · Aug 23, 2012

Here is a list of project ideas for Information Technology or IT. Students belonging to third year or final year can use these projects as mini-projects as well as mega-projects....

@Kaustubh Katdare · Nov 4, 2015

We know we kept you waiting. Our first batch of the new CrazyEngineers 'PRO' T-Shirts has just arrived at our office and we can't wait to share awesomeness with you....

@kanwar singh · Aug 31, 2012

Thoughtworks is visiting our campus and I'm looking for aptitude papers and programming questions. It'd be nice if someone can provide me with a sample test papers for their first...

@Jason Estibeiro · Mar 7, 2015

After the successful business of Huawei Honor T1 tablet and Huawei Honor 6 smartphone in India, the company has now decided to launch the next Honor device in India again....