image processing in medical science

can anyone tell if you know about any latest (or anything interesting)technology in medical science which uses image processing in matlab (preferably) or some good sites where i can find some information regarding it.

Replies

• prashanth.vs
    prashanth.vs
    Pranjali Desai
    can anyone tell if you know about any latest (or anything interesting)technology in medical science which uses image processing in matlab (preferably) or some good sites where i can find some information regarding it.
    Hi
    Right now a lot of research work is happening in Mediacal Imaging areas like: Cardiac Imaging, Tumour and cancer detection.
    Thermal imaging, MRI and Computer Tomography.
  • elektrolikit
    elektrolikit
    I've made one project that may interest you.
    Its about counting the cells in a blood sample.
    Program can count the nucleus and find the cells that have anomaly form their radius.

i've used morphological methods with MATLAB and you can also design and implement new filters to detect new features of cells.

Image processing is very important at medical branches.
    as i know, they use at xray imaging, skin anomaly detection, some micro operations and automatic detetection of anything etc...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I can't help forming associations. However, I do see quite a lot of our CEans active during the night (in their own timezones). So why not be associated and fight...
Guys i know how hard it can be to get ideas for final year project, there are times u just feel brain dead. So here's some reading material. Project Mechatronics...
Tata Motors has laid off 2,000 Jaguar Land Rover employees and asked many to go on a sabbatical. Ravi Kant, vice-president, Tata Motors, said if the situation does not improve...
Bertrand Picard, a Swiss adventurer is all set to unveil a prototype of a solar-powered plane he hopes eventually to fly around the world. According to a news report, the...
Once, we are thorough with the Hiragana script, We can proceed towards the next level and get acquainted with The Katakana Script. As mentioned earlier, this script is used for...