iMac 5K Retina Display Price In India (~ Rs. 180,000 To Rs. 200,000)

Apple's just introduced the all the iMac 5K Retina Display, priced at $2499. Given that the current price of the iMac 27" in India is about Rs. ~140,000+; the price of the new 5K Retina Display iMac is likely to be closer to Rs. 180,000 or Rs. 200,000. The machine indeed is quite powerful one with 5,120 x 2,880 resolution; much more than the current generation of 4K displays.

Just to put the things in perspective, the new iMac has seven times more pixels than your current HD monitor or television. It's got sixty seven percent more pixels than the current generation of UHD monitors or TV displays. There's quite capable hardware running behind the screen, which includes: an i5 processor from Intel that works at 3 GHz frequency and the graphics is taken care of by AMD Radeon R9 (no NVIDIA, folks!). It also comes with a 1TB Fusion Drive (SSD+regular HDD combo) and the all new Thunderbolt 2 technology that offers about 20 Gbps speeds.

The only exciting factor in the new iMac for me is the display. I will have to rush to the local Apple store to check out how it all looks like and what's the price they offer it for in India; given the exorbitant taxes that will be applicable on the price.

But if you have ~Rs. 2 lakh to spare, iMac with 5K retina display is 'THE MAC' to buy. There's no doubt about it.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Update. My initial guess was right. ToI too is reporting the price tag of about Rs. 179,000 for the new iMac with 5K retina display. Given the popularity of Rs. 60K iPhones, I'm sure India will have great number of buyers for the iMac too. I'm pretty much more than happy with the current generation of iMacs but I do want to go to the nearest Apple Seller to check out the new iMacs. I hope the new machines will hit the stores in the next month.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Check the AFCAT August 2014 results at careerairforce.nic.in
Videocon, the Indian mega electronics & telecom manufacturing giant, has come a long way over the last 5 years with its mobile device portfolio ranging from basic colour FM phones...
I am in a quest of testing all of the browsers available in the world. If you've ever tested some browsers that are not well known then please write short...
Gigstart, a marketplace that facilitates quick and transparent connect between entertainers and party planners, was founded by Atit Jain and Madhulika Pandey in the year 2013. Atit Jain is an...
Quote: A mildly disgruntled engineer — is there any other kind? — once told me that there was a group of civil engineers in the UK who enjoy unparalleled public...