illustration of importance of efficiency

The USEIA (U.S. Energy Information Administration) released a report (#-Link-Snipped-#) that the US generated 1006 billion kWh of electricty in 2007. An estimated 70% of industrial power consumption is by electric motors driving gearboxes. That being the case, every 1% increase in gearbox efficiency alone would save approximately 800 MW. Lets discuss ideas to improve motor driven gear box efficiency for energy conservation. Some areas would be oil churn, seal drag & friction.

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    The total generation of nearly 4 trillion KWh is quite staggering!
  • gohm
    gohm
    Shocking, isn't it.... ha ha
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Tagging it. Will think tomorrow morning.
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    Realy how much power we can save!!!!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am interested to know more about the Stribeck curve and how it correlates to fluid developement and refinement of chemicals. I know the curve relates friction between load bearing...
Uni. of Tennessee is offering a master of science degree online in reliabilty and maintainability engineering. www.engr.utk.edu/rme
Hi Guys, It's really strange that we don't have a CE wallpaper so I decided to make my own CE wallpaper, please check it out!!!! and comments please.......... 1) CE...
Announcement: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum...sk-questions-dr-mike-foley-bluetooth-sig.html Important Links you should go through before you ask your questions - Bluetooth.com | Mike's Blog Bluetooth.com | Spokespeople Biographies -------------------------------------------- The deadline is May 29, 2009. No...
CEans, We are extremely happy to present you with the opportunity of lifetime! Dr. Mike Foley, Executive Director of Bluetooth Special Interest Group has agreed to answer our questions for...