IIT Madras Placements 2014 - Highest Package And Other Statistics

IIT Madras has been on the forefront of placements in the IITian space when it comes to bagging highest salaries and students getting job offers from dream companies. In the 2014 batch, IIT Madras fetched exceptional performance from its students.

This year, the students of IIT M were offered jobs by 231 companies.
The highest salary package offered in the first phase of placements (by december 2013) was $210,000 a year (by a foreign company) and Rs 48.68 lakh (by an Indian company).
Around 8 students bagged a salary package of $125,000 per year where as 35 students were offered a salary package of Rs 20 lakh per year.

The mechanical engineering department students at IIT Madras looked like a top choice for many companies as about 145 jobs offers were made there. On the other hand, the Computer Science Department saw 90% of its students being successfully placed.

The final placement reports are yet to be out. We will be updating this thread with more on this soon.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

3D printing is rapidly finding applications in Civil and Construction engineering. Winsun, a China based company has developed huge 3D printer (about 6.6mx10mx32m in size) capable of printing building blocks...
Quote: Most working professionals these days suffer from what the scientific community calls the sitting disease. And if you don’t believe it’s a real problem, just check out health forums...
Indian Railways have brought a good news for travelers with the launch of a new app called National Train Enquiry System (NTES) for Windows Phone 8 OS. Now frequent travelers...
I am planning to have a laptop. I am a professional and working in Engieering Construction Company. I am a mechanical engineer. My requirements for Laptop are: Fast Processor, HD...
Suzuki Motorcycles India has now opened pre-booking for its latest scooter in the market called 'Suzuki Let's'. The scooter was globally unveiled at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014 along side...