IIT Madras Bans Facebook On Campus - To Free Up Congested Network

IIT Madras has finally banned Facebook access on Campus, not to be a moral police; but the free up the congested network. The faculty has blocked the access since last one week because the traffic to facebook was actually chocking their networks. The students say that they can still access the site through proxy servers.

Has Facebook been banned in your college campus too? What's your take?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's bit difficult to make people express their opinions, I think.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    I had expressed myself in a similar #-Link-Snipped-#. 😛
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    The_Big_K
    Has Facebook been banned in your college campus too? What's your take?
    We didn't had even gmail access in my college...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

IIT Madras has banned facebook on their college campus saying that the traffic to the site chokes their networks: https://www.crazyengineers.com/commu...-free-up-congested-network.51679/#post-200840 Do you think that banning facebook on college campus is...
The construction of Moscow tower began in 2003 and is expected to complete in 2016 if the project continues to maintain pace. The tower will host two towers over a...
CEans, as we earlier revealed that the mobile style is under development. Our analytics shows that android and ios are the top mobile operating systems used to access CE. However...
Most of the Indian cities have major traffic congestions. This is in addition to the lax emission control measures with offending commercial vehicles dumping huge SPM and chemical pollutants into...
Quote: This week at International CES 2012, Toshiba will be demonstrating the latest additions to its lineup of flash memory offerings – the TransMemory-EX TM series of USB flash memory...