IIT-JEE 2012 To Witness Grand Competition Among 5.6 lakh Aspirants!

Apart from the Easter holiday excitement, engineering aspirants have got one more thing to look forward to: the IIT-JEE. A tough nut to crack of course, and considering the number of rats attacking this nut this year, it just got tougher. Reportedly, about 5,60,000 aspirants from all over India shall be fighting to find a place in one of the 9,618 available IIT seats. That's one lakh more aspirants as compared to last year, with just a minor increase in the number of seats.

#-Link-Snipped-#
This Dilbert strip aptly shows what an aspirant goes through!

Kanpur leads with the highest number of applicants, with Andhra Pradesh from the Madras zone trailing close behind. 1,067 centers across India shall seat the examinees, sweating it out to enter one of the 15 IITs. This may be the last chance for some of the students, as the Ministry of Human Resource Development has put forward to launch a common examination for admittance to all Central-level engineering institutes from 2013.

What The Students Need To Know?
Apart from the JEE score, 40% weightage shall be given to your Board Exam scores. Also, there's a modification in the eligibility criterion as well- Students need to score nearly 10% marks in each subject and at least 35% overall to get themselves on the rank list. The JEE shall be conducted in two parts -with three paper in each part- and the candidate is allowed to take the paper after the exam.

That's all. Wishing all the aspirants good luck. Asking you to be calm, cool and composed is not going to work, we know, but still, try out your best. Results are expected on May 18th. Being an ex-aspirant myself, I can definitely say that IIT is not the end of the world, and remember, not everyone's lucky enough to donate his prized #-Link-Snipped-#, is he? So chill out, and conquer!

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Whenever anyone thinks about a perfect future home, sensors are the must entities. You can use them for almost everything, to taste your food, to check your room temperature, to...
Looking for something but don't have the exact app for your smartphone search? Well, Everything.Me solves all your problems within a single search system. Virtually functioning as an app, Everything.Me...
Seattle is well-known for holding the largest coffee chain in the world. With the essence of coffee and adept technocrats together in harmony, have innovated the 'Textspresso' machine making it...
One thing we all know for sure is that LG's not big enough to poke head into the great Appls Vs. Samsung mobile device battle. But LG's not giving up...
Transcend has announced PSD320 as the latest addition to its line-up of solid state drives (SSDs). The PSD320 aims to replace the traditional 2.5'' 44-pin PATA hard disk drives found...