IIT JEE 2012: No Test Fee For Girl Candidates. Boys To Pay More.

IIT JEE organizers (IITs) have taken a surprising decision today to waive the test fee for girl candidates. Every year, Indian Institutes Of Technology (IIT) select candidates for the 4 year engineering course through the joint entrance examination. The application fee for the test is Rs. 1000/-. However, from next year, girls won't have to pay the fee to apply for JEE. This waiver of fee has, however, affected the amount that the male candidates will pay. The fee for male candidates has been raised to Rs. 1800/-. The decision was taken and approved by the Joint Admission Board. Next year's IIT JEE will be conducted by IIT Delhi.

I wish to know what our CEans think about this decision taken by the IIT JEE organizers? Do you think it'll encourage more girls to appear for JEE? The question that should be asked is "Was the JEE fee the main reason that girl candidates didn't appear for the exam?". I'm looking for lots of responses from all of you.

Replies

• Pensu
    Pensu
    This is completely wrong, if you want to encourage girls then do it on your loss, why are you punishing guys for this. What if a guy is from a poor family????. Already the cost is Rs. 1000, which is quite high for lot of people. Now you want to make it Rs. 1800. I think this is completely insane. All Boys should protest against it....😉
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    If the Government wants to give a waiver on fees, it should give it to the poor candidates. This is sheer discrimination by the Government.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I am a student who is going to start the Electrical and Electronics Engineering programme at the University of Guyana. I want the best engineering education possible. I plan...
Guys, I am currently in 3rd year B.Sc. ( mathematics ) from Lucknow University. I plan to do M.C.A after this. Now here is the problem:- I have scored 45%...
hi i rajkumar from coimbatore any body can help me ..? i have connected gsm to serial port it working but i need 1,2,3,4,*,# this type of number receiving from...
hello mr/ mrs gfather, mybe not believe me ,but i really registered in this site only becase of u.i am learning protell 99 se and really like to be a...
hi...i am student of eee final yr. i have to submit the synopsis about my project this month. but yet i have no idea about that. i want to make...