IIT Delhi & IIT Kanpur To Conduct Independent Admission Tests

Looks like the admission to the Indian Institutes Of Technology is going to be a lot interesting from 2013. Following the decision of IIT Kanpur to reject the common entrance test proposed by Union Minister Mr. Kapil Sibal, IIT Delhi too said that it will conduct it's own admission test.

I suspect other IITs to follow the trend set by IITK and IITD; so we'll end up with each IIT offering its own entrance exam.

I wonder whether this is a good move or whether Mr. Sibal should re-consider his decision to go ahead with a common admission test for all engineering colleges. What's your opinion?

Replies

• SKsinha
    SKsinha
    Just updates on this - IITs have agreed for a common formula with modifications like first 20% will be eligible for IITS. Adding weight to plus two results is the most wise looking step. Overall also seems to be good but still needs a debate in our forum also. Concept of one combined admission test is wonderful in my opinion and combining all the admission tests including IIT also seems to be harmless still there are so many doubts. The biggest doubt is that we are very slow in adopting new patterns in education system and will we be ready to accept it?
  • SKsinha
    SKsinha
    It is surprising to find no replies on this important issue .... ???
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I guess there needs to be more clarity about determining the top 20% candidates. Is the ranking going to be based only on the marks obtained the the common test OR they're going to add weight for the marks obtained in state boards?
  • sridhar4362
    sridhar4362
    Hello sir,
    According to my thinking this type of move from the government is a very good move.i feel still further tests should added to this common tests for example: To get an admission in school we will be undergoing written test and also personal interview😀 .Because nowadays there are so many coaching centres this will spoil the application thinking of the students so i feel interview added to this test will help the right person to reach the right institution.👍

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Is there any way to incorporate the initial conditions while deriving the transfer function?
How do i convert character to ascii value and then perform arithmetic operations on the ascii values and get the character of the ascci value? in c programming ! help...
I need to carry out excavation just 1m away from the footing of an existing Stilt + 3 storied building. The footing of of the building is isolated type and...
Demolition of old buildings isn't a new thing. Modern explosives allow for a controlled demolition of buildings. But I haven't seen a controlled demolition of a high-rise building or a...
what is the purpose of high pressure and low pressure turbine in rankine cycle with reheat......first we applied the steam on high pressure turbine and after that low pressure turbine...