IIM Shillong Director "exposed" by JAM Magazine

This is somewhat shocking to me. JAM (Just Another Magazine) magazine has reported that the credentials of IIM Shillong's director are questionable. The magazine reports:

No less than 7 of the 13 full time faculty members who joined IIM Shillong in 2008 left in less than a year
and

At the core of the issue is the appointment of Ashoke Kumar Datta as director of IIM Shillong. Dutta's profile includes 40 years of erratic corporate experience and does not list any academic credentials. Directors and faculty at IIMs are generally required to have a PhD in their subject.

Mr Dutta's biodata lists his qualification as PGDM from IIM Calcutta and 2 years on the doctoral program of Case Western University between 1971-73 (he left without receiving the degree).

At the time of his appointment Mr Ashoke Dutta was already past the age of 60, a fact which should have disqualified him from what is meant to be
Source: #-Link-Snipped-# and Youth Curry - Insight on Indian Youth: IIM Shillong - a mockery in the name of 'IIM'

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    OOOPPPPSSS.. Shocking news from such a prestegious institute.

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    A big percentage of the faculty is said to have left the institute in past one year. :shock:

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

well, I have project for my grade 12 board exam in subject Informatics Practices. I have to make a inventory system and have to produce reports . For this I...
I have created a login form for connecting vb6 to oracle .The following code I have wrote in click event of button login. Private Sub cmdlogin_Click() Dim con As New...
If you're looking to monitor your network and Internet speed, track overall bandwidth usage, and get several other very useful utilities, you'd do well to download the free NetWorx. With...
In BitTorrent protocols , what is meant by 'seeding and leeching'. Can anyone give me the proper definition of this two terms.
There were some queries a while back about liquids and the Venturi effect; why pressure is lower when a fluid is compressed through a smaller aperture, etc. This is easier...