IIM Nagpur Admissions For 2015-2016 Session

Newly proposed IIM Nagpur will start accepting applications for admissions for 2015-2016 session. This will be the first ever batch of the IIM Nagpur and about 60 seats will be available for the candidates shortlisted after GD+PI based selection procedure. IIM Nagpur is one of the 6 new IIMs that will begin operations in this year. The admissions to all the new IIMs will be done through regular CAT (common admission test).

The new IIM Nagpur will operate from the existing campus of VNIT (Visvesvaraya National Institute Of Technology) by the time its own campus gets ready in the MIHAN area near Nagpur. The government of Maharashtra has allotted about 150 acres of land to the new IIM NGP campus. HRD ministry, VNIT and IIM-Ahmedabad (IIMA) are constantly in talks with each other to have a proper mentorship program for IIM-N. The upcoming budget from the central government is expected to allot funds for the new IIM.

As of now, the building in which IIM-Nagpur classes will be held inside VNIT campus is all ready. The team of experts from IIM-A is expected to visit Nagpur in coming days to propose changes to the building.

I'll request all those who're interested in IIM Nagpur to keep posting updates and details in this dedicated discussion.

PS: There are other IIMs coming up too. I decided to write about IIM Nagpur because it's just stone's throw away from CE Office.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Can't help but express grief about some of the comments and articles I read in newspapers. When the news about a IIM Nagpur first came to light, many a news sources announced that some IIM faculty and experts related to the matter expressed their unhappiness with the location of the new IIM. Apparently, they are not satisfied that Pune or Mumbai (the two most popular cities in Maharashtra) were not chosen to setup the new IIM. One of the faculties said, “The location for an IIM matters immensely. At odd places, it is difficult to get visiting faculty from the industry to travel to the campus.” Another one expressed his views saying that an IIM in Mumbai or Pune would have gone up to the level of IIM Ahmedabad in a matter of 10 years.

However, what I don't understand is why concentrate all the leading colleges in one prime city? Everyone knows that most successfully colleges were built on the outskirts of remote cities (away from the hustle-bustle of metros) and have been really popular over the years.

I do not know why people want to create the all the crowd to Mumbai and Pune where there is a real scarcity of land. If they would have really setup an IIM in Pune or Mumbai, that would escalate the land cost and other costs of livelihood.

Big cities are already burdened with population and the pollution it brings. Development has to be spread evenly over all areas of state and country.

PS: IMT Nagpur is trying its best to catch up to the standards of IMT Ghaziabad. Though it has a long way to go, their efforts to become a world-class institute are commendable.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Good news!
    The official website for IIM nagpur has been launched.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    IIM Nagpur will start its first academic session in July 2015.
    The website answers a lot of frequently asked questions and clears many doubts that students are facing.
  • Tushar92
    Tushar92
    Yup, got the call. Hope that IIM A stays as the mentor for designated time. It left the mentorship planned with IIM Udaipur midway.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i am currently pursuing my third year in b.e electronics and communication engineering. My passion is to work in a core firm.(preferably vlsi, embedded) . Is it good for me...
Project Abstract / Summary : The objective of this algorithm is to simplify and reduce traffic issues at major busy intersections by proposing a solution which is influenced by the...
I want to download some ppts from google drive. Problem is that I want to download it as powerpoint presentation and not as HTML web page. Any solution? https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxfQqBdt-h66N3V4bVp2Q2VsLXc&usp=sharing
I am looking for the means to a new substance that I can apply to a spring. I feel it is connected to carbon nanotubes. I believe I have found...
Hey Ankita, Greetings, Can u please share the model paper for IES Mechanical. Would be glad if you can help me with the examination pattern. Thanks in advance.