If there is no gravity in space then how do astronauts attend their natural calls?

If there is no gravity in space then how do astronauts attend their natural calls?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Certainly not a mechanical engineering question. Moved to chit chat section.

โ˜• Interesting.
  • zaki_whiz03
    zaki_whiz03
    Thanks Big K. I was confused where to post it..
    Any ways do you have the answer to it??
  • born_star16
    born_star16
    I am not sure but may be they have a tube to their front and back ends which takes all their waste into a container.๐Ÿ˜›
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    In the form of gas, may be ๐Ÿ˜
  • zaki_whiz03
    zaki_whiz03
    How does it fall out of their body???? when there is no GRAVITY???
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The_Big_K
    Certainly not a mechanical engineering question. Moved to chit chat section.โ˜• Interesting.
    Curiously enough this is a mech engg question. Decades back the journal 'New Scientist' carried an article on this titled,'The Day the Shit did not hit the fan'. While gravity is absent, air flow and vacuum can be created. The effluent is carried by an air stream to a highspeed fan that disintegrated it and sent it onward for the waste handling system. In one of the early missions, the fan failed creating a crisis of the sort raised by zaki_whiz03.
  • zaki_whiz03
    zaki_whiz03
    How and what do they eat...? they are sealed from top to bottom ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, mea culpa. ๐Ÿ˜• I thought this is a general interest based question. But we'll keep it in the chit-chat section.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    silverscorpion
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    That's logical and practical. Thanks for the share.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Here is Nasa explains about it

#-Link-Snipped-#

A. There is a nice space shuttle web page at: #-Link-Snipped-# Digging in there I found a Q&A Web page. Here's what it says: #-Link-Snipped-#
    6. How do you take a bath, brush your teeth, and go to the bathroom in space?
    We do not have a bath or shower on the Shuttle, so we just wash off with wet washcloths, using soaps that you don't have to rinse off. When we brush our teeth, we can either swallow the toothpaste or spit it into a washcloth. Designing a toilet for zero-gravityis tougher. We use air flow to make the urine or feces go where we want, since gravity will not do it for us. You have to be more careful and think about what you are doing with the toilet in the Shuttle.
    B. Another colleague pointed out that Johnson Space Center is the home of the astronauts, and they have some web pages dealing with this issue too. (We really know little more than you do about the astronaut program -- but they do.)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can anyone plz provide a detail scenario of share market including percentage of taxes and all such stuff???
โ€‹ A man found a cocoon of an emperor moth. He took it home so that he could watch the moth come out of the cocoon. On that day a...
Have a ball with this ball. Quote: Just throw it in the air, and when it reaches the peak of its trajectory,โ€‹ 36 cameras located on its surface shoot simultaneously,...
Hi guys, I just wanted to confirm whether a candidate is eligible to appear for GATE and pursue MTech in any colleges in different field from his graduation.
hi how can we remove viruses without using antivirus? means manually delelte viruses.