If I use diesel in petrol engine then?

can i use???

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    bhadani jignesh
    can i use???
    I wonder what's up with Mechanical Engineers. A lot of you want to use Diesel in Petrol engines and vice-versa. Check out our existing discussion on the topic: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • nitesh mishra
    nitesh mishra
    we cannot use diesel in petrol engine because both are entirely different. first of all diesel cannot be easily burnt like petrol , we need high pressure and temperature to burn diesel .
  • mechky
    mechky
    For those who want to fill diesel in petrol engine - #-Link-Snipped-#

And those who want to fill petrol in diesel engine - #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Mohit Kamat
    Mohit Kamat
    The fuel intake system is different and the firing mechanism is different.
    First, Petrol engines fire using spark plugs instead of heat and compression, and they might not get the diesel fuel to ignite fully if the compression is too low.
    Also petrol ignites at a lower temperature than diesel so it ignites easily with a spark plug mechanism. But diesel can't burn with a spark plug mechanism. It is compressed to 1/16th to get the diesel to its igniting temperature. Funny though vegetable oil can be used in diesel engine. Highly not recommended though, as it ruins engine if not done properly.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    The_Big_K
    I wonder what's up with Mechanical Engineers. A lot of you want to use Diesel in Petrol engines and vice-versa. Check out our existing discussion on the topic: #-Link-Snipped-#
    Maybe it has got to do something with the rising petrol prices. or perhaps this question arises from a similar question "can a DC motor run on AC supply and vice versa ?"

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello every one i m a btech 3rd yrs ece student and i want to prepare for gate exam can any one suggest me regarding the preperation
What is the latest version of oracle in the market?
I'm curious to know more about the EIM field. Is EIM is good field? I've been searching for more information about it.
Dear All, I have one Assembly Language programme which i want to load in micro-controller IC(89C51),what is the procedure for that?
There is lot of censorship for speech due to personal safety, national security, business security etc. Because of this, have we really lost the freedom of speech? On the other...