IEEE's 125 years of engineering the future

Yo CEans!

In conjuction with IEEE's 125th Anniversary, IEEE has a cool initiative called "Celebrating 125 Years of Engineering the Future".

Quote:
By celebrating this milestone anniversary, you honor the countless contributions that IEEE members and the technology profession have made that have changed the world, and support the development of future technologies that will benefit humanity.
Head over to their website and see the various activities thats going on.

I believe the most useful is the media round table.

In conjunction with IEEE's 125th anniversary, a panel of top minds in human-technology interactions discussed how emerging technologies in biomedical engineering, biometrics, computing, robotics, telecommunications, wireless power,and others have the potential to change the world
The topics that were discussed were as follows (click to view video)

• #-Link-Snipped-#
    Katie Hall, chief technology officer, WiTricity
  • #-Link-Snipped-#
    Rangachar Kasturi, professor, University of South Florida
  • #-Link-Snipped-#
    K.J. Ray Liu, professor, University of Maryland, College Park
  • #-Link-Snipped-#
    Dharmendra Modha, manager, cognitive computing, IBM Almaden Research Center
  • #-Link-Snipped-#
    Miguel Nicolelis, professor and co-director, Center for Neuroengineering, Duke University Medical Center
  • #-Link-Snipped-#
    Krishna Palem, professor, George Brown School of Engineering, Rice University
  • #-Link-Snipped-#
    Roy Want, senior principal engineer, Intel Corporation
Theres also a competition where anyone can sumbit a video where you make "use of science, engineering and technology to make their living spaces more livable, fun, convenient or futuristic".

More info of the competition here: #-Link-Snipped-#

All engineers, regardless if you are electronics or mechanical, should head over to that site now ๐Ÿ˜€

#-Link-Snipped-#

So CEans, how do you expect the world to be in 125 years time? What kinds of lifestyles would we live in? How would we travel? With such an exponential rate of progress in technology, expect pretty cool things to happen ๐Ÿ˜›

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Awesome links, Ash. Thanks ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    Really superb videos.

Is there any way to download these videos?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi,friends Just try solving this puzzle It goes like this ๐Ÿ˜€ "In a van there are 7 people,and each of them carry 7 bags. Each bag contains 7 cats. Each...
All of us do read news papers / watch -observe news on TV/Internet. Why do not we make an thread in which we post the headlines of that particular day....
Around 5 years back I was active member of a MBA forum. I left that forum when I left MBA preparations. Today again I visited that forum and was astonished...
Since last 5-6 days I am facing a typical problem with Chrome and Firefox. In both the browsers all the images are appearing as blurred. Do not know what is...
The Sri Lankan juggernaut crushed West Indies by 57 runs in Friday's lop-sided semifinal to set up a summit clash with Pakistan in the final of the T20 World Cup...