IEEE 802 Standards

Hi All

All of you might have been very much aware of IEEE standards which is used in the standards and protocols for wired local area networks (WLAN), metropolitan area networks (MAN) and other networking related procedures.

My doubt is why its being termed under IEEE(Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers)..

I mean why Electrical and Electronics Engineers, as the standards are related to computer terminology..


You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It's time to bid adieu to your Windows XP operating system now. For real. Microsoft has put an end to the XP support today, putting almost 30% of computers used...
what is the average salary offered to mechanical engineering freshers?
User tagging at CrazyEngineers has just got better! Those who don't know about it - it's a system that lets you send an alert (+email) to any member of CrazyEngineers...
Can anyone tell me what is difference between Mali 400 and Adreno 320?
Global news channels like CNN and BBC World News often seek assistance of Microsoft’s Skype to interact with newsmakers and commoners all around the world. These video calls however suffer...