IE 8 and Firefox 3 stopped working!!

Hi guys,

Need some help again. Couple of days ago my Firefox showed a message like "Well, this is emabarassing. Firefox is having trouble to recover your windows and tabs" when I searched for a movie on IMDB. I tried searching for it again and again and the same thing happened. I thought that it might be a temporary problem with firefox and tried the same on IE. Alas, the same happened, n it kept on happening for many sites. The site loads a bit and immediately a message pops up "Internet explorer stopped working". Searched so much for the solution on the internet, tried some, but all of them failed. Wanted to know if any of you guys ever encountered a problem like this, and if yes the solution.

Finally I installed Google Chrome and the problem never occurred in it. But it continues to happen in both IE and Firefox. No new software was installed except for small ones like a pdf reader or some windows updates etc. These updates happen quite regularly and I dont know if they can cause the problem. I tried uninstalling firefox and reinstalling it but even after i reinstalled the problem persists.

My guess is that it might be a plugin problem like flash or java. I uninstalled adobe flash plugin and reinstalled it, but it didnt change anything. I really miss firefox and I want it back. Please help me in this regard ๐Ÿ˜” .

Replies

• safwan
    safwan
    williamkane
    Hi guys,

n it kept on happening for many sites.
    Brother SMS language is not allowed On CE.:sshhh:
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    do you use google's toolbar?? i faced the same problem sometime ago with google toolbar enabled!! try disabling it..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    What's your Operating System?

The best way is to uninstall firefox completely and remove all the traces. Then get a fresh copy of Firefox and install it. Make sure that you do not install any addons or extensions on Firefox.

In my opinion, the errors occurs when FF renders JavaScript heavy pages or Flash videos [ads included].

Let us know if this helps.

PS: Firefox is heavy on memory; consumes at least thrice as much memory Chrome does. If your computer does not have at least 1 GB RAM, I'd recommend that you use Chrome.
  • williamkane
    williamkane
    Yes, Even I feel that is happening when it is trying to render a particular kind of script or something. But what script is it?..why does it occur even when I perform a google search?...These kind of questions are really bugging me.

Here is some info from the event viewer:

Faulting application firefox.exe, version 1.8.20061.1023, time stamp 0x452c9eef, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6001.18000, time stamp 0x4791a7a6, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00065844, process id 0x16a4, application start time 0x01ca28b649d9928a.

- EventData

firefox.exe
    452c9eef
    ntdll.dll
    4791a7a6
    c0000005
    16a4
    01ca28b649d9928a

Faulting application Safari.exe, version 4.531.9.1, time stamp 0x4a7a8277, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6001.18000, time stamp 0x4791a7a6, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00065844, process id 0x950, application start time 0x01ca28bd2fe8599e.

- EventData

Safari.exe
    4a7a8277
    ntdll.dll
    4791a7a6
    c0000005
    01ca28bd2fe8599e

I am using a 32bit Vista Home Premium. Below are some of the solutions I tried and failed:

Installing fresh copies of Firefox and Safari. No add-ons. Trying various versions (old and new).

Diabling all add-ons in IE8. Enabling View all in compatibility view and disabling it.

Trying safe modes of all the browsers. Problem still occurred there.

Virus and Malware scan.

Deleting all hostory.

Uninstalling the most recent updates from Windows.

Trying to install service pack 2 (got a message saying it could not install and reverting changes when it was almost complete ๐Ÿ˜” )

DNS Flush. SFC Scan. No errors found.

Now I really dont know what to do, do suggest if you have any more ideas.
  • williamkane
    williamkane
    @MAD SCIENTIST
    No I dont use google toolbar.
  • williamkane
    williamkane
    And Finally THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED . Thanks to Avast antivirus. Also I need to thank Slossius from this link (#-Link-Snipped-#).

I uninstalled my antivir software, installed avast and immediately it popped SKYnet malware alerts (which could not be detected by even malware bytes!) and i deleted all. After a bootscan, now my system is perfectly fine. Hope it remains the same.

Thanks to all the guys who replied.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hi williamkane: Glad to know that your problem is solved. Thanks for posting the solution as well ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Man, what a disappointing show by Antivir.

Though I'll probably still use it ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's why I continue to use AVAST ๐Ÿ˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

HI MYSELF DIPANSHU SRIVASTAV I READ ON GOOGLE THAT MICROSOFT CORP. IS UNABLE TO CREAT FOLDERS NAMED CON , LPT1, PRN, COM1...FOLDER WITHOUT NAME...BUT I CAN DO IT... I ALSO...
who know the 2 digit bcd counter vhdl testbench code OF tablet counter system pls help me ?
Hi I am Ranjan, BE in electonics & TC in 2005. now i am working in one company last 4 years, but i wanted to give GRE. Kindly suggest me...
CEans , I use Firefox latest one but some times most freqently it shows message like " Server Not found " and the web page also wont opens .๐Ÿ˜” at...
i am govind , doing my b.tech. in jntu anantapur in electrical branch.... i am interested to do small projects myself. can anyone give me idea to me please. i...