Identifying Geographical Position inside a fully enclosed building

Hey Guys,
I am doing a project on how to id and locate people inside a huge building within a metre or less and display their position including their relative vertical height i.e. which floor the person is.If it was technologically feasible it could be used to locate prisoners in a jail(One possible application)..As GPS wouldn't be good inside a building,that left me with rf id tagging and wifi(??) both which i searched in Google but came up with very little further information..Looks like either the technology is in itz infancy or i can't really google up things:sshhh: Anyway if u guys can find some technology to actually locate people accurately..do reply..expecting Reply from all CEANS out there..!!!😁

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I would suggest the use of semi-passive RFID tags on the things (or people) you want to track, and install multiple RFID readers around the building (depending on how accurate you want it to be). If you plan the positioning and antenna direction of these readers smartly, you can easily divide the building into detection zones.
  • kamal1887
    kamal1887
    will anyone help me to know that how can I get RF id tags which are readable from 1 metre distance

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey all.. i am a 2nd year mechanical engineering student... i want to do my pg in aeronautical/aerospace field.... what all papers i should concentrate on...? how to select my...
We've published Small Talk with Mr. Hari K. Prasad Founder & Managing Director of NetIndia Group of Companies who led a team of researchers to demonstrate that Indian Electronic Voting...
Hi guys I Worked on a GSM based project. I have completed my project. Now I want to sale them. If any of you is interested, plz call me at...
Can anyone explains me How stock websites like moneycontrol.com works? What is source of information ?Do they request NSE OR BSE for latest stock rates?
? tel some mini projects in the field of mechanical related to manufacturing......and tel some tips that how to make that product.......and its merits and demerits. please help me that...