IDENTEC SOLUTIONS’ Automated Ventilation Control System trusted by Trafikverket to ma

September 5, 2011 – Kristiansand, NORWAY & Lustenau, AUSTRIA - IDENTEC SOLUTIONS, a member of IDENTEC GROUP, announced today the expansion of its Personnel Safety Solution Portfolio to include integrated Ventilation Control Systems for underground environments. The recent award of a ventilation contract for the six kilometer rail tunnel in Sweden’s Norra Länken, further solidifies IDENTEC SOLUTIONS leadership position as a personnel safety solution provider to the Tunnel and Mining industries.
Already deployed and operating, IDENTEC SOLUTIONS’ automated Ventilation Control System was selected by Trafikverket, the Swedish agency responsible for the entire country’s transportation systems including roads, rail, sea and flight. Destined to be a main transportation artery in Stockholm’s center, the six kilometer rail tunnel relies on IDENTEC SOLUTIONS’ automated Ventilation Control System to manage and monitor airflow. Notorious for their complexity, Tunnel and Mining industries deal with toxic materials, gases, dust, heat and humidity in enclosed underground spaces. Real time operational data and control is crucial for the safety of all personnel.
[​IMG]
Citybanan

“The safety of personnel in underground environments is paramount,” states Frank Wehus, General Manager, IDENTEC SOLUTIONS Center of Excellence, Norway. “By integrating automated Ventilation Control Systems with our WATCHERTUNNEL application, we are able to deliver a robust system that proactively responds and anticipates the requirements of underground environments.”
Through the deployment of electrochemical sensors, IDENTEC SOLUTIONS’ automated Ventilation Control System enables the constant monitoring of toxic gases, hydrogen and oxygen. Highly robust, the systems’ infrastructure features a watertight design that protects against dirt and other contaminates. Furthermore, by integrating the Ventilation Control System with WATCHERTUNNEL, the system is able to anticipate and respond in a proactive capacity by monitoring the location and movement of all persons underground. Real-time alarms are dispatched when the sensors detect abnormal substance levels which instantly trigger an appropriate operational response.
“By combining deep Tunnel and Mining industry expertise along with a commitment to delivering innovative, relevant, and easily integrated solutions, we are able to provide uncompromising functionality and high value for our customers,” states Gerhard Schedler, President and CEO, IDENTEC SOLUTIONS.
IDENTEC SOLUTIONS’ WATCHERSERIES Personnel Safety Solutions are globally deployed and include an impressive roster of clients including LKAB, ConocoPhillips, and Statoil.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi all, I want to know exact difference between electro-mechanical torque(Te) and load toque (Tl) caculation of an induction motor and i want to know the exact formulas to calculate...
The next batch of engineering has commenced on the Teachers' Day, the 5th of September. What a befitting day to start a new session. There was a kind of excitement...
New Delhi: Selections for the Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) will be done through Common Admission Test (CAT) 2011 this year. The decision comes in the wake of refusal by...
int i=2; int j=4; int k=i++>j&2; What is the value in k...???
I stumbled upon the news that Infosys has launched a radio channel for their employees: Business Line : Industry & Economy / Info-tech : Infy launches radio station for staff...