Ideas on Machine learning

am not familiar with projects based on machine learning. but am more interested to do projects in that area. so please help me out.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    vkeerthana
    am not familiar with projects based on machine learning. but am more interested to do projects in that area. so please help me out.
    Sounds interesting. What help do you want? Why not ask very specific questions?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    PageRank named after Larry page (Google Co-founder).
    PageRank is a numeric value of between 0 & 10 that google's algorithm assigns to web.
    Page to indicate both quantity & quality pages linking to it. Score it updated constantly but changes are periodically displayed in G toolbar.

Tutorial :: Using your laptop to compute PageRank for millions of webpages | Michael Nielsen

Note: start with small pages website & gradually increase size. Codes are complex. You can use Python, but better to use C.
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    machine learning is a very vast field for study and exploration. I can compare ML to universe, we have discovered only a small part of it. We still donot know how much more can this be benificial.

ML is classified into 2 major categories(there are more, but these 2 are major)
    • Supervised Learning.
    • Unsupervised Learning.
    For more information google/wiki for them.

An example of this could be (a very crude one)
    A simple machine learning algorithm can be used to find the expected object by providing it a large dataset of values with known results. Then by plotting it, you can find the your required result.
    Lets suppose we play rock-paper-scissor. Now for round one I choose Rock,u scissor I won.
    Enter this into database along with the result. Similarly for round two and so on.
    We play around 100000 games like this.
    Now you have a good collection of combination from which you can draw out probability(V.IMP) of wining against losing. Effectively your machine would play smarter with database of 100000 than that of 100 games.

Assume tic-tac-toe. computer makes random moves and doesnt think ahead at all. Just plays randomly from experience.
    It will lose games at first but then later on because of the database of games and results from past experience it knows which is a good move or a bad so it will avoid it. It wont take long time to for computer to play perfectly.

You can make a mini project for above two let me know if you need any further guidance.

On slightly more complex side is stock market prediction (if you are planning to invest in stocks based on ML, please do it on your own risk)

Unsupervised Learning is more complex than supervised learning.
    I can go on and on with this but then a simple google search would be more productive.

You can also google for stanford class on ML its a nice approach for beginners.
  • riyan santhosh
    riyan santhosh
    how can we use this i.e machine learning for community services??
    i found that using this ml we can predict the diseases is that true??
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    riyan santhosh
    how can we use this i.e machine learning for community services??
    i found that using this ml we can predict the diseases is that true??
    ML can be used to predict diseases, Consider for example a machine keeps storing the genetic data of cancer patients, the chances of prediction whether the patient suffers from cancer, based on its genetic information increases by ML as the machine can check in its database and on the basis comparison of the knowledge base with patient's genetic info, can predict.
    Another application is monitoring of a particular geographical area, and prediction of possibility of epidemic in that area. This can also use similar ML technique to predict.
    Hope it helps😀.
  • riyan santhosh
    riyan santhosh
    Thank you so much !! it helped a lot!!👍👍
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Very informative post. Great example. Thank you so much.

Adding my two pennies -
    There's so much to explore in the field of machine learning. You could choose a problem that appeals to you. A real-word dataset or a theoretical solution to a real world problem.
    I recommend anybody wishing to dwell into this, take a course about Machine Learning on Coursera from University of Washington:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Who is to say, you may as well be the one to develop the next baby robot that learns everything on its own like a real human baby.
    👍
  • Surabhi Shrivastava
    Surabhi Shrivastava

Can machine learning and Artificial intelligence benefits IT students..as inm 2nd year so I didn't know much about it

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# - welcome to CrazyEngineers. It's not clear what kind of benefits are you considering. From jobs and careers perspective - AI and ML are going to be the future for sure. If you wish to make a career as an AI developer or as ML expert; you need to start preparing right away. The best way to do it is to start honing your programming skills and make sure to keep up to date with technological advancements. You could do that by being a member of CrazyEngineers. 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Siemens is doing some extreme engineering. The company has manufactured the B75 blades that have a total length of about 75 meters. Check out our VoiCE coverage: https://www.crazyengineers.com/sieme...orlds-largest-matches-wing-span-of-a380-2511/
In the recent times iPhone has already been taken under water but now it can go to depths of 130 feet when it is enclosed within the iGills waterproof case....
I want to know that which specification of a bike decides the Top Speed of it? CC determines the power. What determines the top speed? BHP? Gearing? Am not clear...
hey ....! anbody having any material about above subject plz share with me ....!
😒 I am Asma.I am a student of BTech final year,Electrical & Electronics Engineering.My hobbies are net surfing and chatting.