ideal rankine cycle

in an ideal rankine cycle , fluid approaching the pump is always a saturated fluid. but what about the fluid coming from pump, is it saturated ?
if not then what kind of fluid it is ?

Replies

• Rohan_sK
    Rohan_sK
    The fluid in the condensor is cooled at constant pressure to the saturation point ( liquid) by removing its latent heat.

From here it enters the pump and is pumped to the boiler. During this process the fluid pressure rises and also the tempreature increases by small amount due to the pumping and is evident from the T-S Diagram.

The fluid is not saturated in this phase ie it cannot be called a saturated liquid as it is not reaching the saturation curve until it is heated in the boiler isobarically. Just refer the T-S diagram for this to get a clearer view.
  • amanoverworked
    amanoverworked
    [​IMG]

but point 1 is out of vapour dome, so the liquid coming out of pump should be saturated. correct me if i m wrong
  • Rohan_sK
    Rohan_sK
    but point 1 is out of vapour dome, so the liquid coming out of pump should be saturated
    Exactly the point 1 lies outside the saturation curve. And thats what I'm trying to convey to you.

The fluid is not saturated in this phase ie it cannot be called a saturated liquid as it is not reaching the saturation curve until it is heated in the boiler isobarically.
    The fluid which is in liquid phase will start to boil only at the instant it reaches the saturation curve after getting heated in the boiler upto the saturation tempreature for the given Isobar.
    And only after total transformation into steam will it be called a saturated steam. At the point on the saturation curve on the extreme left the fluid can be actually called satuarted liquid because from this point onwards the actual boiling process initiates.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

How to simulate a robot in pro-e using degrees of freedom......
I got this idea from CEan Durga. She recently updated her personal email signature to include a link to CE 😀 I guess we can come up with a nice...
hi.... this is a common question generally asked "How to study to get good marks?" but if the question is asked by an engineering student then what all you great...
Complete the following sequence : 1, 13, 2, 1, 5, 3, 2, 1, 4, 4, 7, 3, 1, 5, 3, 5, ?, ? Any takers?
hey can any one tell me what is the difference between dual core and core 2 duo... and please tell me what is meaning of Tm...what does it indicate?? 😕