Idea to protect life [Countering terrorist attack]

i had blink an idea when i have seen the CCTV futage of TAJ hotel... after attack... ehich was released after 2 day by bombay police....

can we make automatic gun.... ehich can be operated by man power who is far away from the sight...

mean if we put loaded electronic gun near CCTV.... and when we cature the object(enimy)...... at the same time we shoot them...

can it posible.....???????????????/

and if yes then

which kind of guns can we use...

πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thread moved to CE Labs.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Hey biggie, I remember you telling me that we won't build offensive weapons. How come you allow this? Huh....
    Anyway, Priyank, there are some robots that have mounted rifles but they are under testing. These bots are controlled by a person through a joystick. Mini, bots for surveillance of unknown territory e.g.. inside a dark/lightly lit corridor and rooms or basement of house where terrorists are hiding are also under testing. The bots are the size of a tennis ball and have a night vision camera & send live feed.
    Loaded electric gun near a CCTV would be quite dangerous as you don't expect terrorist atacks daily and these guns might pose a threat to the common man. You can't have perpetual live traps in every important area.
    A thread was started by Biggie on Dragon Skin Armor. That is quite impresive, if you don't want to be killed by a rifle shot or grenade blast.
    The sniper is the best weapon for counter insergency in an urbun arena. Because there is so much space to hide. And the surveilence bots provide, intelligence on the enemy location. The sniper weakens the enemy stronghold. And then a burst attack by the rifle carrying bots. Games over. But this may look good on paper but you need to send your men too.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Patty: We aren't building defensive weapons. I felt the idea is nice and may help prevent terrorist attacks. I believe we should welcome all the ideas. The idea presented is similar to what we discussed long time ago - Preventing Aircraft Hijacks.

[PS: I'm really inspired by engineering used in defensive weapons. The episodes of 'Futures Weapons' on Discovery channel are awesome!]
  • priyank_180
    priyank_180
    thanks.. for ur gre8 support........
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Instead of a gun shooting lethal projectiles, I guess weapons used to immobilize or stun instead of kill should be used.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Why do you want to save a terrorist? Personally, I won't show a fraction of mercy towards them and they do not deserve any nice treatment. Human rights be damned for them.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    raj87verma88
    Why do you want to save a terrorist? Personally, I won't show a fraction of mercy towards them and they do not deserve any nice treatment. Human rights be damned for them.
    I believe catching a terrorist alive is what we should aim for. They can tell you a lot of information about other terrorists!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Who said I do? Its for public safety in case it backfires.

You can do whatever you want with the terrorist once we subdue and move them to another location.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    hey,

i guess I am being too dumb asking this question
    But tell em one thing, HOW are you going to know if any one is suspicious unless and until he acts like one.
    what if he starts his automatic gun and then the camera detects the gun and then tranqualise him?
    The automatic gun still is running( till the bullets last) πŸ˜•
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    priyank_180
    thanks.. for ur gre8 support........
    one very gentle request. no sms language please πŸ˜€
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Its a shame that the old discussions regarding explosive detection died off. It would be nice if someone from CrazyEngineers picked the idea up of the TDLAS and cooperated with the local Indian authorities or something.
  • priyank_180
    priyank_180
    durga
    hey,

i guess I am being too dumb asking this question
    But tell em one thing, HOW are you going to know if any one is suspicious unless and until he acts like one.
    what if he starts his automatic gun and then the camera detects the gun and then tranqualise him?
    The automatic gun still is running( till the bullets last) πŸ˜•
    Recently we have seen that some brave commandos have lost their life during fighting against terrorists in taj hotel. They lost their life because we are not using technology in defense even we have best technologist.

You have ask that how can we identify them… you are right , we cant identify until he act like suspicious ,, but after identify them as you say, we don’t need to go in front of them, rather than that we just sit at some safe place and from there we can start counter action with the help of technology.

I know that this is not easy task, but it’s not an impossible task . just think that if we have this kind of technology then we can save the life of several commandos like Major Unnikrishnan.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    πŸ˜€ I am not judging the thought! i am just thinking how would we achieve it
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    There is a danger in relying too much on advanced technology. It adds an element of complexity unfortunately.

Sometimes, you need to fall back on methods that are simple but effective. Good thing is, engineering isnt always about being the most advanced πŸ˜‰
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    ash says : KEEP IT SIMPLE. KEEP IT REAL
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    durga
    ash says : KEEP IT SIMPLE. KEEP IT REAL
    ha, that's the open source principle:
    KISS (or) Keep It Simple, Stupid.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    KISS is a common principle, but very important in all sorts of engineering fields.

Of course, I added "real" so that the solution is not merely simple, but practical as well πŸ˜›
  • g_rakesh2
    g_rakesh2
    this discussion moved out of the track

there are such automatic guns present which you can operate from any where...

the gun have high resolution lens which is connected to a screen and joystick just like playing a game of counter strike you can kill anybody...

the gun is shown in the movie of bruce willice I dont remember the name of the movie...
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    To answer Durga' s Question:

Where ever the cameras are located we can capture the images and check with the data base available at that point in time and we can estimate weather the person is terrorist or not.
    We have intelligence team and few other teams which has the data.

If did with honest and dedication we can i mean the Govt and police can stop 90 percent of the criminal attacks.
    😎

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Another idea popped up in my mind. I hope mechanical engineerings in their final year would find it useful - How about developing an automatic gear shifting mechanism for bicycles?...
1)where ccan i get IS codes in pdf formats and is there any document/book in which all general specifications are givin please reply 2)enverionmental NOC for any project (residential/comm/SEZ etc)...
i have thunderbird bike (Tbird Royal enfield,350 cc, AVL engine, petrol ofcourse) and i want to change its firing, i want to make a chopper from it so is it...
Hi friends. Can any one tell me how to execute an applet program.
hey... i'm final year cs student... i want to do my project in networkin... pls suggest some topics... give me details on digital signature n digital certificated