Idea about magnetic levitation suit

By the principle of magnetic levitation, with the proper metal suit, a human can fly in a room (which is in magnetic field) as superman...

is it possible...??

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    possible provided the strength of the magnet is powerful enough to hold him afloat
  • chaitanyagymnast
    chaitanyagymnast
    practically it is very expensive, at least we can make a theoretical model!!
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    chaitanyagymnast
    practically it is very expensive, at least we can make a theoretical model!!
    had man thought of the expense incurred he would have stopped innovating

this holds good in this case also
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    jeffrey samuel
    had man thought of the expense incurred he would have stopped innovating

this holds good in this case also
    Yes in a way it is..!But not always....! ๐Ÿ˜€ Only because "man" thought about the expense incurred his innovation increased as it is even more difficult to produce cost efficient equivalents...! Everything must be commercially viable...!(practically) ๐Ÿ˜€
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    First make, then optimize. You cannot achieve perfection at the first attempt.

That could be nice if we could fly like that, but such a strong magnetism can affect human organs, particularly brain, I think. Other than that, I don't see anything that would make it unachievable.
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    [Prototype]
    First make,then optimize.
    that's what i meant #-Link-Snipped-#, I accepted what #-Link-Snipped-# said..! I just provided an add on to that..! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    [Prototype]
    First make, then optimize. You cannot achieve perfection at the first attempt.

That could be nice if we could fly like that, but such a strong magnetism can affect human organs, particularly brain, I think. Other than that, I don't see anything that would make it unachievable.

the effect of magnetism is comparatively lesser than that of other rays which we are more commonly using in our day today life

strong magnetic fields hamper the passing of nerve signals mildly

am not sure about the effect in strong fields
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    jeffrey samuel
    the effect of magnetism is comparatively lesser than that of other rays which we are more commonly using in our day today life

strong magnetic fields hamper the passing of nerve signals mildly

am not sure about the effect in strong fields
    Well, I am not much known to the effects, but if it doesn't then this project can have a go. May be its already under development in some Area 51 laboratory? ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    [Prototype]
    Well, I am not much known to the effects, but if it doesn't then this project can have a go. May be its already under development in some Area 51 laboratory? ๐Ÿ˜›
    hope it is never to our eyes
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    I think Strong magnetic field affects the brain...!
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# you can go through this video and the explanation if interested to know how magnetic fields affect brain..! ๐Ÿ˜€
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Javid
    Javid
    There is one important aspect in which the diamagnetic levitation differs from any other known way of levitating or floating things. In the case of diamagnetic levitation, the gravitational force is compensated on the level of individual atoms and molecules. This is, in fact, as close as we can probably ever approach the science-fiction antigravity machine.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Maglev trains run even now. But they are only millimeters above the surface. One can keep a person afloat at an equilibrium position in a field. Any solenoid coil can achieve that. Providing mobility in 3D is the problem. Unless the field strength can be varied in a controlled manner, this may not result. Doubtful if the suit wearer can do that from his position.
    Even if that can be done it may not work with more than one person in the room.

MRI subjects patients to huge fields of magnetism without much harm (in the short span of the diagnosis)
  • chaitanyagymnast
    chaitanyagymnast
    I think if we have a conducting suit over a insulating suit no electromagnetic field effects us... because for pure conductors reflection coefficient is 100%

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Phantasm 2012|Mechanical Fest is a National Level Technical Fest organized by Government College of Engineering,Bargur,Tamilnadu on 10th-11th September 2012. Events: Machining CADD Modeling Water Rocketry Forensic Poster Presentation Technical Quiz...
Hello I am Akshay Jain and I'm a crazy instrumentation and control engineering student. Happy to be a part of CrazyEngineers family.
hi everyone i m new to the family................. please recommend me new and innovative ideas in order to create project for my college
HI, I would like to make a simple remote control on / off switch for Bulb which is currently running on the 9Volt battery.I dont know where to start .I...
Here is a list of project ideas for Structural Engineering topics. Students belonging to third year or final year can use these projects as mini-projects as well as mega-projects. This...