Ice in the refrigerator.

Now if a block of ice, was kept in the chiller compartment of a refrigerator, what would happen to it ?

would it melt ? because according to the thermodynamic laws, there would be heat exchange between hot and colder bodies, and since the temperature of the ice would be lower than that of the other things placed in the compartment.

Besides the temperature in the chiller would not be that low enough to freeze water.

what do you feel about it ?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Second law: Heat always flows from higher to lower temperature zones.
    If chiller is chillier ice will not melt. If it is hotter, ice will melt. If the control is set to high cool and the ambient is low, water can freeze in the chiller compartment.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Happens with me most of the times. I think the video is a great lesson for me. What about you?
Google and NIIT have teamed up to launch the 'Web Academy' to make the young professionals aware of Google's services, offerings and technology. The main aim of this training program...
Present education system, is not in the right path. Online learning is becoming popular that students can obtain bachelor's and master's degrees, and it also provides certificates in certain fields....
hey im new here pls help me
hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii