IBM PowerLinux Server For Analytics, Cloud Computing & Big Data Unveiled

IBM (NYSE: IBM) has found some super power in a new, high-performance PowerLinux server to cater to its clients working in Big Data, Cloud Computing and Analytics. The company has also developed new software and middleware apps to meet the growing computing needs in the open cloud environments. The new PowerLinux 7R4 server, built on the top of Power Systems platform running IBM's Watson Cognitive Computing solution will provide for the data-intensive workloads deployed in Linux environments.

slide

The PowerLinux 7R4 is a high-end addition to the IBM's Power Systems server the industry standard Red Hat & SUSE Linux flavours. The 7R4 delivers top notch performance with 4 sockets and 32 cores and IBM says that it's ideal for handing workloads that require analytics, cognitive computing, large databases.

Read more on: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, our Resources Section is growing rapidly with contributions from all of you. There are few things I'd like to highlight so that the Resources Section remains useful for everyone....
Ahead of the 7th August Launch Event for the LG's flagship G2 Smartphone, LG Electronics has unveiled a line of premium cases Called the QuickWindow Case, LG says that this...
Getting increasingly tech savvy by the day, the Government of India has got the Ministry of external affairs launch a new mobile app called MEAIndia that lets users apply for...
i want to design Regulated and Variable power supply plz give me any link,pdf,book which give me full information about it from basics such as tramformers equation to all
Sony Xperia Z Ultra has been launched in India with a price tag of Rs. 46990. This 6.4" phone+tablet (aka phablet) will be available on eCommerce websites and retail stores...