IBM Interview Questions

The IBM tehnical interview question will be mostly on C,Unix and windows.

Here are some general + C,Unix and windows interview questions

1.you are from xxx stream and you are having such a good cgpa then why you want to go to IT sector?
2. what all subjects have you read?
3. how much you rate your self in C?
4.can you tell me algorithm used by Google search engine?
5.What is binary search?
6.If I give you a array of 1000 no.s, all in ascending order in how many iterations will binary search be completed?
7.you told me you are very good in programming, can you support your claim?
8.What is difference between do while and while?
9.what is pointer?
10.You gave xxx as your preference can you tell why?

11.const char *
char * const
What is the differnce between the above tow?.
12.In Unix inter process communication take place using?.
13.What are the files in /etc directory?.
14.About i-node numbers
15.Max relaxable permisssion value with out giving write permission
to others?.
16.About ln(linking)
17.A question on until
until (who |grep mary)
do
sleep(60)
done
18.Linking across directories?.

19.process id for kernell process
20.very first process created by kernell
21.function to repaint a window immediately?.
22.Function entry for DLL in win3.1
23.win 3.1 is a
24.win 3.1 supports which type of multi tasking?.
25.Message displayed when a window is destroyed
26.About fork()?
27.About send message and post message
28.Message to limit the size of window
29.System call executable binary file intoa process
30.About GDI object?.
31.API used to hide window
32.Initialize contents of a dialog?.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    1.you are from xxx stream and you are having such a good cgpa then why you want to go to IT sector?
    One of the most frequently asked questions, folks. Are you prepared for the answer? If yes, share it here and let us review it 😀
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    can you tell me algorithm used by Google search engine?
    The world-famous 'Page-Rank' algorithm.
    I am not sure what did the interviewer expected when he asked 'tell me the algorithm'.

PageRank is the heart of Google's search technology, a system for ranking web pages developed by Google founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin at Stanford University.
    PageRank is a numeric value that represents how important a page is on the web. Google figures that when one page links to another page, it is effectively casting a vote for the other page. The more votes that are cast for a page, the more important the page must be. Also, the importance of the page that is casting the vote determines how important the vote itself is.

Google calculates a page's importance from the votes cast for it. (i.e. the no. of incoming links to a particular page)
    PageRank is Google's way of deciding a page's importance. It matters because it is one of the factors that determines a page's ranking in the search results. It isn't the only factor that Google uses to rank pages, but it is an important one.
    I found a detailed explanation of the PageRank Algorithm here: #-Link-Snipped-#
    Could anyone explain it in a simplified format?

[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Geo-targeted advertising is a concept used by many leading advertisement serving providers. The concept revolves around providing location aware advertisements to the user. That means, if your website visitor is...
Bluetooth remote control for servo motor, I believe would be incredibly useful in in robotics projects. Instead of using traditional technologies, why not utilize the power of bluetooth? You may...
1. With his sub-four minute mile Bannister broke a psychological barrier, and inspired thousands of others to attempt to overcome seemingly ____ hurdles. A. insurmountable 
B. inane 
C. trivial 
D....
Everyone loves facts,which are totally (astonishing) and new. Here post a interesting fact atleast daily,and lets have our own factoscope.😎
I have heard a lot about how some companies have very tough aptitude tests, while others have very difficult technical interview rounds? From what I know best, Google's recruitment process...