IBM Changes Its Tune: “Here doesn’t come the sun”

[​IMG]Oh noes! IBM withdrew its #-Link-Snipped-#. The company has no other offers outstanding, which may mean that the well-known and well-loved Unix server supplier will have to go it alone in an uncertain economy. One interesting point, I.B.M. Withdraws $7 Billion Offer for Sun Microsystems - The New York Times:
The Sun board did not reject the offer outright, but wanted certain guarantees that the I.B.M. side considered “onerous,” according to that person.​
IBM dropped its price to $9.40 and the requirements included changing the management team and the movement/removal of some senior employees. . Sun’s stock dropped to $8.49 last Friday.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Mr BOT or CE-Infocus

Your following link is showing "No page found " to me 😔

#-Link-Snipped-#.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Man, IBM taking over Sun would really be a big move.

I hope Sun makes it through the tough economy!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Reader Robert writes in with his own excellent and ubergeeky method of staying productive—a script that pops up a reminder every so often asking whether you are spending your time...
Problem Solved....can't get this thread removed.
has anybody installed php? i want to know which server should i choose out of IIS CGI, IIS fastCGI and IIS ISAPI module? I HAVE INSTALLED IIS. thnx
System does not support the specified encoding. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/tomcat/webapps/ch1/WEB-INF/web.xml'. ... ....................... xml file: ...
Dear all Members i decide to build a huge library for HVAC which conatins a lot of Handbooks,Design manuals,Codes and Standards. i will put my first handbook soon With My...