i2R e-Paper - Rewritable Electronic Paper That Works Without Electricity

Taiwan based researchers at the Industrial Technology Research Institute have developed a new kind of e-paper that's both environment friendly and work without electricity. The new technology enables display of text and images on electronic paper that does not need back lighting. The paper is called 'i2R e-Paper'. Institute's senior official, Frank Hsiu says that the i2R e-Paper requires only heat to store/transport images and text to the paper. 

#-Link-Snipped-#
i2R ePaper | Image Via: Physorg

The content on the paper can be easily erased with a thermal printing device - similar to a fax machine. The technology can find applications in electronic notice boards, digital books, large sized bulletin boards etc. The tests conducted by the researchers show that the i2R ePaper can be re-written about 260 times. The technology, if widely adopted can help us in saving tens of thousands of trees. The final product can be expected to hit the markets in next 2 years.

Via: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Japan's SONY corporation wants to make sure that the companies in Japan remain in operation during emergencies like Tsunami or Earthquakes. The biggest problem that follows after the earthquakes is...
It is hardly ever that anyone forgets about the destructive earthquakes that shake the world but it might be the first time that researchers have succeeded in recreating the terrible...
The Boeing Company declared today that it has chose the United Launch Alliance (ULA) Atlas V rocket to launch the Boeing Crew Space Transportation(CST)-100 spacecraft from Florida’s Space Coast. John...
Whenever you are about to buy a television, the most popular demand is to have the one which can have the most realistic sound effects so that you can enjoy...
Facebook has decided to provide a new security feature that will allow mobile device users to reset their password so they can regain access to their accounts. Mobile password reset...