I want to quit my job but company no giving releaving

I need releaving letter from my company in order to join HCL. In this company I worked for 5k in begining for 1 year now they are paying 10k. I got a better offer from HCL but the present company people say I have serve this company for 2 years. I have been in this company for 1 year 7 months. Is there any way to get my experience letter from these people?? Please help me out

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    regel
    I need releaving letter from my company in order to join HCL. In this company I worked for 5k in begining for 1 year now they are paying 10k. I got a better offer from HCL but the present company people say I have serve this company for 2 years. I have been in this company for 1 year 7 months. Is there any way to get my experience letter from these people?? Please help me out
    Simply explain the situation to HCL hiring engineer and ask them whether the relieving letter matters to them. If it does not, just let it go.

Did you sign the bond to work for 2 years with your present company?
  • regel
    regel
    Yes , I did sign the bond in the begining. But there is no such thing like paying penalty or any thing if I break the bond. Even these people are not ready talk also. So is it like I have to be here weather I like it or not ..like a slave or some thing?? If the CEO tells to releave can they do it. Coz my uncle knows him?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    regel
    Yes , I did sign the bond in the begining. But there is no such thing like paying penalty or any thing if I break the bond. Even these people are not ready talk also. So is it like I have to be here weather I like it or not ..like a slave or some thing?? If the CEO tells to releave can they do it. Coz my uncle knows him?
    Yes. The CEO can do it if necessary as an exception.
  • regel
    regel
    bioramani
    Yes. The CEO can do it if necessary as an exception.
    Thank you so much sir, thats a relief ....i was not able sleep when i think about it...
  • regel
    regel
    The_Big_K
    Simply explain the situation to HCL hiring engineer and ask them whether the relieving letter matters to them. If it does not, just let it go.

I have expalined the situation to HCL HR but he says that relieving letter is mandatory if not I should atleast have resignation acceptance letter.But these people are not ready to give it to me. What do I do?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Signing bond means you agreed that you can't leave company before actual period without their permission and they can't fire you. In most of cases you can leave but you need to pay some money for it. Since if you already served 1 year 7 months then you need to pay salary of 5 months in worse case.
    Yes, If some one you know at high level he can help you.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ianoop
    and they can't fire you.
    I don't think any company will actually say that in the contract. It's always one sided. They can fire you; but you can't quit on your own.

Since you've signed that bond; your best bet now is to let the CEO look into it. CEO can of course direct the HRs to take the steps in your favor. Otherwise, you'll have to negotiate with your recruiting company for the job. Ask them whether they will accept the 'salary slip' as a proof of employment.

Your current employer's position is stronger in this case.
  • regel
    regel
    The_Big_K
    I don't think any company will actually say that in the contract. It's always one sided. They can fire you; but you can't quit on your own.

Since you've signed that bond; your best bet now is to let the CEO look into it. CEO can of course direct the HRs to take the steps in your favor. Otherwise, you'll have to negotiate with your recruiting company for the job. Ask them whether they will accept the 'salary slip' as a proof of employment.

Your current employer's position is stronger in this case.
    I asked the recruiting company if the salary slip and bank statement of the salary account and offer letter can be accepted as proof of employment. But the HR said I must at least provide the resignation acceptance letter. But the current company refused to accept my resignation.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    what you manager says..... because Manager is the person who accepts resignation.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @regel: Breaking a bond is going to be tough. Especially, that you're breaking it for the sake of employment in other company. If you've signed a bond, then you must honor it. On the other hand, you may have your own reasons to quit the job.

I think the best bet is to get an approval to quit the company from your company's CEO.
  • regel
    regel
    ianoop
    what you manager says..... because Manager is the person who accepts resignation.
    The manager says he cant say anything on this the MD has to decide. MD himself is the HE co-ordinator.
    He says I have to be here for 24 months. Its been 20 months so far.Can any company make some one to work against there will like a slave?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    See as #-Link-Snipped-# says, Do not break bond .
    Its not a good idea to fight and leave the company without relieving letter. you have to have relieving letter because your next company might accept without it, but in future if you change company , then that company might do background verification and can raise concern that why your earlier company didn't provideded you relieving letter, and some companies call to to candidate's earlier organization before releasing offer letter, to get feedback.

Either talking to HR/manager or paying rest of money, leave such that , they will not give a negative feedback in future.

And please don't call it like a slave,even if you have signed a bond. you have rights as a employee.
    and even if you can't able to leave before bond , 4 months not a very long period.
    you have offer in hand then offcourse can make more offers in coming month. One more possibility is that you can ask you next company to give you 3 month to join.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The situation would have been better had the company hiring you would've been fine without the documents from your current employer. Usually, every company would look for the documents from previous company and may not necessarily check your all previous employments.

Once you've signed a legal document; it's got it's own value and you can't really break the agreement at your will (unless the contract allows you to do so). If the company allowed employees to quit by breaking the bond; then there'd be no meaning to the contract in first place.

That's why I always advise to read the documents *very carefully* before signing it.

Let's try to find out a fix. Why not try talking to the recruiting company to extend the joining date by 4 months?
  • regel
    regel
    The_Big_K
    The situation would have been better had the company hiring you would've been fine without the documents from your current employer. Usually, every company would look for the documents from previous company and may not necessarily check your all previous employments.

Once you've signed a legal document; it's got it's own value and you can't really break the agreement at your will (unless the contract allows you to do so). If the company allowed employees to quit by breaking the bond; then there'd be no meaning to the contract in first place.

That's why I always advise to read the documents *very carefully* before signing it.

Let's try to find out a fix. Why not try talking to the recruiting company to extend the joining date by 4 months?
    Well today I spoke to my current employer and told him that i m interested in moving to bangalore and its been 21 months since i am here so its only a matter of 3 months. He asked me my offer letter. But my work location is hyderabad only is it safe to share it with these people?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    regel
    Well today I spoke to my current employer and told him that i m interested in moving to bangalore and its been 21 months since i am here so its only a matter of 3 months. He asked me my offer letter. But my work location is hyderabad only is it safe to share it with these people?

Man!

Why are you lying to your current employer? Why not be very honest with what your intentions are? You must have genuine reasons to make a switch (it could even be better salary). Share it with your employer. Don't get into a mess!

If you must share any document with *anyone*, share a photocopy. Keep the originals with you. All the best!
  • regel
    regel
    The_Big_K
    Man!

Why are you lying to your current employer? Why not be very honest with what your intentions are? You must have genuine reasons to make a switch (it could even be better salary). Share it with your employer. Don't get into a mess!

If you must share any document with *anyone*, share a photocopy. Keep the originals with you. All the best!
    My current employer agreed to relieve just because i said m interested to shift to bangalore. Actually that is my intention too. But currently my work location is Hyderabad at HCL. I will ask for transfer at HCL once i get to work there. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • regel
    regel
    Is there any way that I can get relieving from my current employer...These people are not ready to relieve at any cost even tried asking i will pay compensation...Should I just let go of the oppurtunity I got?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    regel
    Is there any way that I can get relieving from my current employer...These people are not ready to relieve at any cost even tried asking i will pay compensation...Should I just let go of the oppurtunity I got?
    Don't let go anything so easily. Fight until you get what you want; but with a cool head.

You have not shared the reason why you wan to break the bond and make a switch. In the final case, just try and negotiate with your next employer to extend your joining date. Were you not aware of the bond when you were applying to the new job?

Ultimately, communicating with the right people is going to solve your problem.
  • regel
    regel
    Well when I was hired for this job the HR had said that the 2 years clause is just a formality. But now they are not ready to relieve me. Though i am not in any project. I even asked to these people that I will pay the compensation,but they didn't agree. They say policy is policy.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Does the contract document that you signed talk about the 2 years clause? If the agreement does not mention that you should stay in the company for 2 years; they can't stop you. But if you've signed an agreement, then you must honor it.

Did the CEO intervention help?
  • Pooja ShreeVatsa
    Pooja ShreeVatsa
    Kaustubh Katdare

No

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi Techies, I want to know the current requirement of all the business people out there regarding an app which they would love to see on their mobile that runs...
University of California learnt a lesson from lizards. Tails can stabilize jumping robots. https://dev.designfax.net/opens/article-view-dfx2.php?nid=4&bid=109&aid=551&eid=&lk=1&sr=R&tp=Y
Abilene 12 is a Technical Fest organized by GKM College of Engineering and Technology, Chennai. The events include: Tech Best 'O' Wal Bug Tracking Gaming Arena Web Crafting Treasure Quest...
Samgraama 12 is a Technical Fest organized by EBET Group of Institutions. A Technical Combat is a National Level Technical Symposium organized by Association of Civil Engineering, Association of Computer...
Invigorate 2k12 is a Technical Fest organized by Samskruti College of Engineering and Technology, Hyderabad. It is a fest organized by department of Mechanical Engineering of the college. It invites...