I want to know something about hardware virus.

Hello friends,
Just watched PayCheck.In that movie a hardware virus is there which will be included in hardware in order to affect the system.
I want to know something about hardware virus.
Anybody have idea about this how this can affect a system.

One question in my mind that which is more affective hardware virus or software virus ?
Which one is easy to find where the virus is ?

๐Ÿ˜

Replies

• Ankur Jaiswar
    Ankur Jaiswar
    Okay this is basic as we all know that a software virus is present in hardware (thats obvious lol), what do you exactly want to know? There is nothing like hardware virus, its all about software viruses and it can do severe damages like burning off your RAM, motherboard etc.
  • Leo
    Leo
    Hi Mohit, I have seen the movie but i have never seen such kind of hardware virus as shown in movie. What I know about hardware virus is that it may reside in any hardware's cache and hence can be available in any kind of hardware. Next is that hardware virus can be embedded during manufacture phase of hardware flashing phase only, you can't install it anytime as software and they are to be created manually so you can't get them by using any virus creation tool and must have sound knowledge about hardware and kernel programming. It is almost impossible to detect hardware virus until damage has been done and the way Ben Afflick stops machine from working is not by virus though they used term virus. It is better known as logic worm, circuit worm or black worm and as he says that machine will stop working after some specific time that can be implemented using reverse counter on any circuit and better known as time bomb kind hacking methodology which is type of logic worms.
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    haha all the themes of movie is based on that virus which will be embedded by the creator of the computer by which we can watch the future.
    It's vary difficult to detect the hardware virus in comparision to software virus.He embedded a hardware virus so that it's vary difficult for the other person to enter into the future.
    Well thanks for the nice information Leo.
  • Leo
    Leo
    Visit following link for more information
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi friends, I have problem to produce 9V from 12V dc supply.. I have tried with 7809 Voltage regulator, but it produces a lot of heating even with heat sink..Is...
Whats up! I didn't join this forum with a bang, but lets get this started, I'm from Pune, currently pursuing Computer Engineering from University of Pune. I have a very...
I am with this forum from many days. I come to know about this forum from my college as there was notice regarding this forum. I'm currently doing BE in...
i am a first year electronics engineering student... and knows to do web designing.... anyone need any help?
How to integrate 4 bit external signals in Turbo C using RS-232 port???? Hey guys please tell me the program..... It is just a headache for me....... Please shoot this...