Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Which fuel: gas, liquid or solid?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Jayakumar.j
    what r the contend present in the fuel
    Fuel mainly contains water which burns ๐Ÿ‘€ . I just invented inflammable water ๐Ÿ˜จ Want to know more?

P.S: We cannot read your mind. Please post your query in detail. โ˜•
  • born_star16
    born_star16
    Depends on the type of fuel but you haven't mentioned any.๐Ÿ˜•
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Jayakumar.j
    liquid fuel
    In case of liquid fuel rockets it can be a single component like liquid Hydrogen or can be a mixture of hydrocarbons like in petrol.
    This power point presentation from IIT Delhi may help:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Jayakumar.j
    Jayakumar.j
    sir ,what are the content we want for a good burn ,and what are the content we eject from fuel
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Deppends on the fuel. If hydrocarbons the emissions are carbon dioxide and water. There can be some nitrogen compounds as air is used for oxidation.
    If hydrogen only water is the exhaust gas.
    Almost all petroleum products will have a fuel value about 11000KCal/Kg
  • Jayakumar.j
    Jayakumar.j
    sir , what mean fuel value?.
    if hydrogen will increase the efficiency of the fuel mean why we are seprate the hydrogen from water and mix the fuel.
    what are the cotent have ability to increase the fuel combustion at which percentage
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Jayakumar.j
    sir , what mean fuel value?.
    if hydrogen will increase the efficiency of the fuel mean why we are seprate the hydrogen from water and mix the fuel.
    what are the cotent have ability to increase the fuel combustion at which percentage
    My mistake. I meant calorific value, that is the amount of heat liberated wheen 1 kg of the fuel is completely burnt.
    Hydrogen has one of the highest calorific values at 34000K Cals/Kg. It is not possible to mix hydrogen into other fuels unless they are gaseous fuels.
  • Jayakumar.j
    Jayakumar.j
    thank you sir,,,
    sir,i want brief explanation about alternative fuel
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Jayakumar.j
    thank you sir,,,
    sir,i want brief explanation about alternative fuel
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You may click on individual fuels for more details.
  • Jayakumar.j
    Jayakumar.j
    i want detail about internal combustion enginr
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    Jayakumar.j
    i want detail about internal combustion enginr
    Visit the mechanical and automobile engineering thread. There are many posts about the ICE there. You can visit here as well: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Jayakumar.j
    Jayakumar.j
    what is
    NANO IC ENGINE ,and its principle and how it is work
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The only miniature IC engine that I have seen was a tiny engine used to power propeller model air planes almost 55 years back. They were essentially the same kind of engines now used on regular vehicles.
  • Jayakumar.j
    Jayakumar.j
    sir, it is possiple to use DC series motor in elctrical vehicle,because the main disadvantage in
    electrical vehicle is speed,but DC series motor have high starting torque so we easily attain high speed
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Jayakumar.j
    sir, it is possiple to use DC series motor in elctrical vehicle,because the main disadvantage in
    electrical vehicle is speed,but DC series motor have high starting torque so we easily attain high speed
    Speed and torque are not necessarily related. However, for a given power the two are inversely proportional, which means that if you are using a high torque, the RPM will be necessarily low.
    Electric Motors - Torque vs. Power and Speed
  • prashpan
    prashpan
    judging from your posts you need to make a vehicle for a obstacle race or something. am i right??
  • Jayakumar.j
    Jayakumar.j
    yes
  • prashpan
    prashpan
    when is the competition??
    keep it simple. use motors and batteries.
  • prashpan
    prashpan
    Talk to guys who have participated in last years competition and find out the optimum motor which give you both speed and torque , all the best.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I was reading a few articles about Child Prodigies and was quiet startled to know what all they have to go through. ๐Ÿ˜” Instead of enjoying the joys of their...
I've always been fascinated by those awesomely powerful core routers, especially the mammoth CRS-3 with switching capacity exceeding 300 Tb/s!๐Ÿ˜ฒ But after reading this article on Lightreading [link] on how...
CEans, We're looking for hardcore PHP coders who eat, drink, sleep PHP and have proven abilities. There are no restrictions. We've interesting projects and need skilled PHP professionals to work...
Hey guys... It happened to hear that, a heat treated component made up of steel(Medium carbon steel for instance) will have a different composition in the core and circumference... It...
Update: The Contest Is Over.โ€‹ CEan, I'm sure all of you must have noticed our teasers. We're sure that the curiosity is already building up everywhere. Everyone's guessing! Here's a...