I want help ..my project is :Motor Control Design using a Thyristor

The following text is the prompt of the project
"
A thyristor is used to turn on and off a 50-A DC motor every 60 seconds. We wish to design a circuit to control the motor using a GE. C150 slow switching device.

The manufacturer suggests that if the current in the thyristor rises too quickly, that is a high di/dt, the device can be destroyed. Therefore, some inductance must be placed with this device, so that di/dt is below the maximum limit. Also, this device may turn on (without any gate pulses), if the forward voltage is too high. That is known as dv/dt turn-on and it may lead to an improper operation of the circuit and the DC motor. A simple RC snubber may limit the dv/dt of the applied forward voltage.

Your design should also include the thyristor protection units, a switching device/mechanism using an auxiliary electronic switches (such SCR’s, power MOSFET’s, BJT’s, etc), and a commutation circuit.

Reporting Requirements: All components used in this project must have values with their spec. sheets attached (if any). Your references must be listed in a separate sheet. (i.e. Reference Sheet). Your plots/graphs are completely labeled and all calculations are clearly explained with the proper units. Note: Group works are encouraged but your individual works and their originalities are observed.

Specification of GE. C150 (E, N, and P) Series:

Repetitive Peak Forward and Reverse Voltages 500 V (C150E)
800 V (C150N)
1000 V (C150P)
Reverse and Forward Leakage Current 10 - 20 mA
Holding Current 20 mA
RMS Current 100 A
Forward Voltage Drop 1.2 - 2.0 V
Peak One-Cycle Surge (60 Hz) 1500 A
I2t for Fusing 7000 amp2.sec
dv/dt 200 – 500 V/µsec
di/dt 500 A/µsec
Gate Trigger Voltage 1.5 – 3 V
Gate Trigger Current 50 – 200 mA
Turn On-Time 3 µsec
Turn Off-Time 100 µsec

Unfortunately, i feel the information that i have is missing based on my knowledge but the professor ensure me that i have all the data.

How can I figure out the information of the load (Motor) like (Ra, La and Ea) so i can get the firing angel ??
Please help me out .....i dnt knw its circuit diagram...???

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Kochadaiyaan is an upcoming Tamil period film to be directed by Soundarya R. Ashwin and written by K. S. Ravikumar. The film will feature Rajinikanth alongside an ensemble cast, including...
Can somebody suggest me a good book on Piping layout and design. I need an insight into standard protocol followed when designing piping in a new plant.
i've done a line follower robot as in this site "https://www.kmitl.ac.th/~kswichit/LFrobot/LFrobot.htm" but the motors are not rotating according to the sensor values... can anyone tell me what mite be the...
I,m Happy to be a part in this Crazy Engineers Forum 😀; Dear forum members of CE, Greetings from Loganathan(myself), I'm a technologist first of all, finished my post graduation...
I had come across this puzzle somewhere, I don't remember where. 😳 The puzzle is: You have a 7 minutes and a 11 minutes hourglass. You have to boil an...