i want do a project 2 stop atm robbery,though there are cctvs its of no use.pls give some ideas

i want to know if i can do a project to stop atm robbery.though there are cctv's , its of no use.can u suggest me some ideas

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    shruthip
    i want to know if i can do a project to stop atm robbery.though there are cctv's , its of no use.can u suggest me some ideas
    Yes you can.

Are you looking to prevent the physical robbery of cash from ATMs? The only idea that comes to my mind is to shut off the doors and blow a siren in case of suspected robbery.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I have an idea of this, but i don't know this already been implemented or not.

We have seen teller machines are stolen, that's pathetic !
    How about creating a circuit, which is fitted in teller machine & rest part is connected down to ground.
    The moment teller machine moves like 2-4 feet from its original position, the circuit breaks (i don't mean as in 2 pieces .. i mean technical term, break); which rings alarm & locks the main door of atm branch & automated call is done to 100.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : Maybe a simple motion sensor would do fine. The moment ATM 'moves' the alarm rings up. ๐Ÿ˜
  • shruthip
    shruthip
    hey thank u. i liked the idea of motion sensor and the circuit idea of been fixed in the teller machine
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    The_Big_K
    #-Link-Snipped-# : Maybe a simple motion sensor would do fine. The moment ATM 'moves' the alarm rings up. ๐Ÿ˜
    how can i forget .. motion sensors ?? :O
    It will work better than my circuit idea ๐Ÿ˜›

but the automated call to 100 after doors of atm branch is shut-down will be nice.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    shruthip
    Do not Under estimate CCTV we can Interface CCTV with Some Smart Computer which Scans the movement of Person entering into room if the movement is doubtful circuit can Lock Doors Or One more Idea is that As more than Two person is not allowed in one room if CCTV finds more than Two faces in Room it Simply Lock the door and Siren ON ๐Ÿ˜˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ATM robberies are very few, I think. I believe it can be worked out by the construction folks. What we need is a more security 'electronically'. More frauds happen online these days.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The_Big_K
    ATM robberies are very few, I think. I believe it can be worked out by the construction folks. What we need is a more security 'electronically'. More frauds happen online these days.
    For that Some ATM has implemented Fingerprint verification.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    godfather
    You know what? We seriously need better fingerprint scanners. The ones that I've used so far, totally suck. ATM with fingerprint scanning isn't a great mechanism. I'd call for a combination of facial + retina scanning as a security mechanism. Has anyone tried that before?
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    godfather
    Have seen it in most of the ATMs of new banks. But the problem is either they are damaged or it takes a few attempts before it gets authorized... ๐Ÿ˜”

What about Iris scanning?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The_Big_K
    You know what? We seriously need better fingerprint scanners. The ones that I've used so far, totally suck. ATM with fingerprint scanning isn't a great mechanism. I'd call for a combination of facial + retina scanning as a security mechanism. Has anyone tried that before?
    One of my friend is using SBI ATM with Fingerprint and it is working fine.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The one in my GYM hates my fingerprints totally. It takes about an average of 4 tries for me to get in. I see a lot of potential in retina scanning though. Or is it called Iris scanning?

#damnAnatomy.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Even attendance in my college is carried out using fingerprint machine (only for faculties) ... so i think it's working fine ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Praveen-Kumar
    Have seen it in most of the ATMs of new banks. But the problem is either they are damaged or it takes a few attempts before it gets authorized... ๐Ÿ˜”

What about Iris scanning?
    Still People has not accepted Fingerprint so this might be the reason there is no development in Iris Scanning implementation in ATM. But I am sure if everyone is making Quality Machines there is no any issue with Fingerprint one system.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yeah, it could be quality. I think the ones I've used are definitely lower quality.
    godfather
    Still People has not accepted Fingerprint so this might be the reason there is no development in Iris Scanning implementation in ATM. But I am sure if everyone is making Quality Machines there is no any issue with Fingerprint one system.
    I am not saying Finger Print can be easily faked or bypassed, but not Iris Scanning, and it is easy to receive the input. What do you say? Accuracy is more right?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Troll_So_Hard
    Even attendance in my college is done using fingerprint machine (only for faculties) ... so i think it's working fine ๐Ÿ˜€
    That Attendance machine usage is limited that's the reason why it is working fine once So many people started using it it's Capacitive circuit stops working properly. So Good Quality of Touch Plate is must necessary.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    So which one's more accurate ?
    Retina or fingerprint ?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Troll_So_Hard
    So which one's more accurate ?
    Retina or fingerprint ?
    Both are fine if quality Camera is used in Retina and quality Touch plate protection in Fingerprint. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Some other biometric scan is highly required because despite the finger print scanner works, due to heavy usage & rough handling, they do not hold for long.

Something which doesn't requires physical touch so that they remain away from wear and tear. The face recolonization is still experimental to be honest and cannot be counted upon.

And lol @ the CCTVs in the ATM. They are in news every time. You can see everything except the face..:/
    I mean c'mon, at least position the cctv to some logical place.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    [Prototype]
    Some other biometric scan is highly required because despite the finger print scanner works, due to heavy usage & rough handling, they do not hold for long.

Something which doesn't requires physical touch so that they remain away from wear and tear. The face recolonization is still experimental to be honest and cannot be counted upon.

And lol @ the CCTVs in the ATM. They are in news every time. You can see everything except the face..:/
    Yes Position is also big thing when we are scanning face and other.
    [Prototype]

The one which do not need physical interaction would obviously be retina scanner! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • vishw3
    vishw3
    ya retina scan+facial recognition is better but its take time for it. most of atm users are labors where they cant even type code for them self,so it is better to introduce finger print technology .
    even though if we implement retina scan+facial recognition it will be irritating in rural area where only one atm available.
  • shruthip
    shruthip
    The_Big_K

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, The 'What's New?' sub-menu under 'Community' lets you view the latest posts made on CE since your last visit. I wish to know how many of you use it...
Dear All, I want to calculate voltage drop in the cables used for lighting (industrial) purpose. Please let me know if there is any formula available to calculate the Voltage...
Dholera SIR project seems to be one of the most ambitious projects coming up in Gujarat. The goal is to develop a mega manufacturing and trading hub as a 'Special...
I would like to introduce myself as a faculty member in ECE Department of an Prestigious Institution. My area of Interest are VLSI and Embedded systems. By joining CrazyEngineers, i...
WHAT DOES MEAN 'LEAB VALUE' IN HARDNESS TESTING MACHINE?