I VOTE NOBODY - Section 49-0

There is a Rule that gives you the Right to refuse voting.

#-Link-Snipped-# seems to give you that right.....

This could mean Re-election and dsqualification of all the candidates!!

Shows how much of our own Laws we know about!i ( or dont know about!!)

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Ya, that is an option if you dont like any candidate, but there is a small problem in it. To avail yourself of that option, you have to tell the poll officer that you dont like to vote for anyone and you'll use the 49-0 option. you have to fill out a form saying so and only then can you avail this option.
    What i mean is, after you ask for that form and all, your choicce no longer remains discrete. What I feel is correct is, there should be a 49-0 option on the list of candidates itself, so that we can discretely use that without anyone else knowing it. After all, the voting choice that we make should not be known to anyone else, right??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ...and it applies to citizens of India 😀
  • docel
    docel
    You are right!
    Some of us tried to opt for this in the recent Election. The PO didn't know of this rule at all.
    The demand for providing a dedicated key in the EVM is in the Supreme court.
  • gohm
    gohm
    Out of curiousity, how does that differ from just not voting? Are you allowed to write in a candidate of your choice there?
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    GUYS!!! is india a democratic nation,were poeple have the right to choose thier ruler???????????????????????? or we are in 2050!!!!
  • docel
    docel
    gohm
    Out of curiousity, how does that differ from just not voting? Are you allowed to write in a candidate of your choice there?
    1. You must go through the formalities of voting: identity, signature, indelible ink..... Then you say "I VOTE NOBODY" . This will be recorded in the poll register.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    2. This could be a great weapon in the hands of the citizens. The propaganda might pressurise the Parties to fend good candidates next time.
    3. Ofcourse, it needs tremendous guts and courage to declare this......

Who knows? We might bring about a regressive 2050 elections by this !

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The question has been hovering over our minds since long time. Every time there is some terrorist activity, all we do is watch the 'breaking news' on television. Then we...
Disclaimer: This discussion/debate is not meant to be 'against' journalists or TV reporters or media people. I respect your profession very much. I do not mean to hurt anyone's sentiments...
can any one list out the available operating system for mobile phones?
hi everyone.i want to make a good project in c or cpp.pls suggest me some nice and latest topics.i am doing engineeering(3rd yr. cse).thanx
I stumbled upon the following post by Peteris Krumin about Job Interview at Google. It makes me feel sick to know that after going through so many interviews, Peteris didn't...