I need project topics on metallurgy

I am a final year student of welding engineering and Offshore Technology, please I need project topics on metallurgy. I need something that I can work on and will greatly benefit form it, like heat treatment. 

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

Off-shore welding often suffers severe corrosion both because of the saline spray environment and crevices where the salt solution along with activity generated pollutants can collect in an oxygen starved atmosphere. Maybe you can study methods to minimise this. Weldments will have a different metallurgy from the welded components, which can lead to some galvanic corrosion effects also. You can check out some of these publications: 

https://scholar.google.co.in/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5&q=Welding+corrosion+in+off+shore+applications&btnG=

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

According to foreign media reports, Google has upgraded its travel assistant software, Android Auto, to provide many interesting new functions, while improving the speed and security of its functional solutions....
Design News says: Embedded software engineers on average spend 40% of their time removing bugs from their software. This amounts to nearly 5 months each year performing failure work—that is,...
I attended the TCS drive on 13 november. I used different email and password to apply again I got my refrence number and password. I really want to attend the...
I have appeared the TCS off-campus drive on 13th November and after some days I received mail from TCS that I have cleared the first round. Later they told me...
What happen when we pass current through railway track.so,passangers feel shock after wearing shoes etc.