I beam calculation

I need to assemble a lifting device,X shaped,each arm of the 'X' (one of four arms) 1 met long,or it's multiple.
A drum shaped load,1000 kgs or it's multiple is to be lifted vertically upwards along the central axis of the X using 4 slings suspended at the ends of the X.
The X frame itself,with the sling & load, is lifted using a normal hoist.
Which is the most cost effective I beam section I can use?
Gussetting is possible.
Any websites that can provide design info?
Pillai.

Replies

• tkveera
    tkveera
    Yes, MITCalc software can help you out in this problem,

you search MITCalc in google, you will definitely find website, or else you contact me on

Note: All discussions to be done on the forum
  • pillai
    pillai
    Thank you very much.
    I will try on my own, but may require assistance.
    All the best.
    Pillai
  • RUCHI JAIN
    RUCHI JAIN
    for I Beam calculation,u require dead & live load of euipment for which u want to select beam.Calculate Moment of Inertaia in x,y & z direction resp. As per MI,
    select the deflection & modulus of section from IS-800.The beam is selected as per IS-800 Mechanical Data Book.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hiiii, In a Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum system which one have stronger effect on the transmitted signal - rayleigh fading, rician fading or gaussian noise? Thank you...
How to add Atinav jar file .from where to download the Atinav jar file?
hi friends, I need a source where we can find the latest updates of technologies related to automobile engg...send me if u have an idea.
I'm Yazmin , new to this site, nice to join here........................
hello, I have searched the forum , but still I did not found what I want. this is Urgent. I want some latest Topics related to IT & CS for...