'I am Feeling Lucky'

Most of the people here might be using Google as their primary search engine. You got any doubts, ask Google. Nowadays, google has become more of a verb. Googling seems fun. When on one side Google is so popular, many people don't know the utility of the 'I am Feeling Lucky' button on the Google homepage. Let me clear it for you.

When you do any google search, google displays a list of options on the next screen. Depending on the popularity and SEO of websites, they appear in a particular order. The algorithm for that is defined in the source code of Google Spiders or its web crawlers. The 'I am feeling lucky' button is more of a 'luck' factor. If you believe that the FIRST website or link which Google will display is the one you want, Hit this button. It will automatically open the FIRST search result rather than displaying the complete list. This works when you are determined that the keywords you input are accurate and the source of information you are looking for is very popular and likely to be the Primary Result. Try it!

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Yes your post is informative but I want to know that If a user uses google for a long time and trust google shows the apt results and he uses "Iam feeling lucky option",How far can he be irritated when google opens a "word" related website rather than the acuurate word?😁
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    CSK AUTO
    Yes your post is informative but I want to know that If a user uses google for a long time and trust google shows the apt results and he uses "Iam feeling lucky option",How far can he be irritated when google opens a "word" related website rather than the acuurate word?😁

This is where the art of Googling comes into picture. You must know beforehand the PERFECT keywords which will describe your need. For Eg: If you put Crazy Engineers and hit 'I am feeling Lucky' it will take you to the home page of CE. But if you put in Engineers forum, it will take you somewhere else. So you should know where it will go. Or if you have absolutely NO IDEA about the stuff you are trying to search, I m feeling lucky acts like a humour. Sometimes it takes you to perfect spot, other times it gives pure useless result which is actually funny 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey guys, I have a MicroMax Canvas 2 plus or you may call it A5110Q. I like to play games on mobile so can anyone suggest me some of the...
Hey guys, as you all know that Linux is a completely open source operating system, it has a unique feature of being customisable as you want. It means you can...
Each process is given a memory space like so : ​When a process creates another process, the child process is given a memory space of its own too, but where?...
During our development of a table top sterilizer, I wanted to use a MEMS pressure sensor. This sensor was key to the satisfactory functioning of the whole device. The entire...
This robot is purely an engineering marvel By just rotating at a speed of 500 Rpm the task it promises to accomplish is simply outstanding. This robot can clean gutters...