Hyundai Builds Mini Welding Robots To Help Shipbuilding

Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI) is the world's largest shipbuilder and a industrial robot manufacturer and surely needs skilled welders to perform the complex jobs. But shipbuilding isn't a very simple process and requires welding of areas where humans just cant' reach. To address this issue, the company has developed mini welding robots that will help in building ships. The company said that the robot measures only 50x50x15 cm in its most compact form, with the welding arm retracted. It's been designed to operate where human welders can't reach easily.

slide

The robot has six joints that enable it to carry out almost all types of complex welding jobs. It's equipped with magnets that allow the robot to attach itself to steel walls & ceilings. The robot is just 15 kg in weight, which makes it very portable. Hyundai says that with special software, the robot can be programmed to perform steel cutting, blasting and painting and other essential duties in shipbuilding.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• AbhinavS
    AbhinavS
    Amazing. The size and weight loaded with such awe-inspiring features. 👍

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The only car that has been able to capture the news headlines over the past couple of weeks is the American Automaker's Car - Ford EcoSport. And since, as per...
i hav got a project which is made in advance java. I hav asked that concerned person who hav it to mail me . So he has zipped that file...
Everybody is on Facebook. 'Almost' everybody is on WhatsApp! FB's reached its peak already and is struggling to go mobile - which is the future of computing & communications. WhatsApp...
Hello i am doing a final year project and can anyone pliz help me with this information. i need to know if a synchronous motor can be used for dual...
Ok folks, Many of us once, in a lifetime, always wish to try some open source stuff, (I did it too, but then unfortunately have to format.) Nevertheless, I am...